16. Training with Sesshomaru

With Kagome:

Last time:

Tears began to flow down Kagome’s face again and she moved her hand to Inuyasha’s cheek, forcing him to look at her. “I love you too Inuyasha.” She told him before closing the distance and kissing him lightly on the lips.

Once Kagome pulled away Inuyasha was blushing more than before, “I… uh… I should go.” He said before running off.

Through all of this Sesshomaru stood looking at the stars, pretending to ignore the goodbyes. She kissed him… He thought, She told him she loved him… That should not bother me, yet I feel such rage. What is this bond doing to me?

XxX

Kagome sighed as she watched her friends disappear on the horizon. Finally Inuyasha tells me he loves me. I thought I would be happy, but all I can feel is anger toward him. I don’t know why, but I just want to fight… It must be a demon thing. She thought as Sesshomaru turned and started to walk back to his castle.

Kagome sighed again and ran after him. Why is it always me that winds up in these situations that Inuyasha has to save me from? She shook her head inwardly. No, Inuyasha can’t save me from this one. He has to focus on killing Naraku and I have to focus on finding the rest of the jewel shards.

“You need to fight in order to travel with me. Will you allow me to train you?” Sesshomaru said brining Kagome out of her thoughts.

“Sure.” Kagome agreed without hesitation.

“You have two weeks to learn to use your demonic powers. I will waste no more time than that here. You will need to rest well because I will begin your training just before dawn.”

Kagome nodded, “What kind of training?” She asked as they made their way down the long hallway.

“I will train you to use your senses and how to fight. It is up to you to find your power element.”

“Power element?” Kagome questioned as they stopped outside of their rooms.

“Your power element determines what kind of demonic power you have. My power element is poison like my father. Inuyasha’s power element is blood. You must find your power element before I can train you to defend yourself.” Sesshomaru explained.

Kagome nodded, Wow, I think that is the most he has ever said to me at one time before… “How do I find my power element?” She asked as she opened the door to her room.

“That is up to you.” Sesshomaru said before walking into his room and sliding his door shut noiselessly.

Kagome sighed yet again as she too closed her door. Kirara instantly jumped from her arms onto the bed and curled up, looking at Kagome. Kagome sat next to her. “I don’t suppose you know how to break this bond…” She said as she pet the neko.

Kirara mewed a sad response before moving to the pillow and curling up for bed. Kagome looked at the floor for a second before standing and changing into something more comfortable to sleep in.

XxX

Kagome awoke to find herself in a forest. “What’s going on?” She asked as she made her way through the forest to where she heard people talking. “Sesshomaru!” She called out when she thought she heard his voice.

“What is this?” She asked when she came to a clearing and found a much younger version of Sesshomaru standing in the center.

“Good work son.” A man said as he walked over to Sesshomaru. The man was tall and wore armor similar to Sesshomaru’s. He had a single blue stripe under each golden eye, and he wore his long silver hair in a high ponytail. “It is time to rest now. Let’s go and find your mother.”