10. Blood Bonds

“My name is Ryo. Now go, you must go to Kagome before you both die!” Ryo demanded Sesshomaru.

“Explain.” Sesshomaru said angrily.

“No time. You must go NOW!” Ryo placed a hand on Sesshomaru and they were no longer in his study. They were in a clearing in the forest with Kagome and her friends there.

Sango and Miroku were standing to the side while Inuyasha was holding an unconscious Kagome to him. They all looked to see Sesshomaru now in the clearing.

Inuyasha set Kagome on the ground gently, “WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!?” He yelled at his half-brother.

Sesshomaru ignored him and looked at Ryo, “The pain is still there.” He told the entity.

“Of course it is, I haven't told you what to do.” Ryo said looking down at the unconscious girl. “The others can not see me.”

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes and flexed his claws, “Just tell me what to do! This pain is annoying!” He threatened.

“I admire your control, most would be like her under that much pain.” Ryo said ignoring the threat in the Taiyoukai's voice.

Sesshomaru growled.

“OK, OK. All you have to do is ingest some of her blood.” Ryo said finally getting the hint.

“Ingest? As in drink?” Sesshomaru didn't like this at all. He would not lower himself to drink another person's blood.

“Yes.” He watched as Kagome moved and let out a cry of pain in her sleep. “And you must hurry or you both will die.”

Sesshomaru clutched his head as the pain got worse. This was by far the most pain he had ever been in. “I will not mate her!”

“MATE? WHAT THE HELL?” Inuyasha said even angrier than before.

“Has Sesshomaru gone crazy?” Sango asked Miroku in a hushed tone, thinking how the Lord of the Western Lands looked like a fool talking to himself.

Miroku shook his head, “No, he is speaking with a spirit.” Miroku told the tajiya.

“How do you know?” Sango asked even more hushed than before. It was kind of freaky that Sesshomaru was talking to a spirit. It gave her the chills.

“I can hear it.” Miroku said cautiously as Inuyasha walked over to hear what they were saying.

“What is it saying?” Sango was really curious now. How was Miroku able to hear a spirit that only Sesshomaru was able to see.

“He says that Sesshomaru must ingest some of Kagome's blood or they will both die.” Miroku explained.

“That would make them mates.” Sango said realizing why the Taiyoukai had said he wouldn't mate her.

“It is not mating her.” Ryo said hearing the conversation between the monk and tajiya.

Kagome cried out again and the pain in Sesshomaru's head got worse again, “Then what is it?” He asked through clenched teeth. He was resisting the urge to scream from the pain.

“I will explain, but you must hurry or you will be torn apart from the inside! I assure you that you will not be mated to Kagome.” Ryo seemed really confident that the two would not be mated, so Sesshomaru nodded and walked over to the miko/Youkai.

“STAY AWAY FROM HER!” Inuyasha screamed and charged at Sesshomaru only to get thrown away by a barrier.

“You must hurry, I can not hold the barrier for long.” Ryo said. He was holding his hand out toward Inuyasha who was desperately trying to break through the barrier surrounding Sesshomaru and Kagome.