3. An Unexpected Savior

Their conversation was interrupted by a piercing scream." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Kagome looked in the direction the scream came from, and then looked back at the man before her. She saw anger in his face. Why is he so angry all of a sudden? She wondered to herself. When the man turned to face her she realized that she had spoken aloud.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" That was when Kagome realized that the scream came from the direction the man had come from. "AHH!" The screams grew farther away and Kagome realized that the screams were that of a child.

Kagome became so worried and, at her instinct, she began to run towards the screams. She pushed her way past the man, not caring about anything except the child that was screaming for help. She couldn't explain the instinct to save the unknown child, all she knew was that something about this place was familiar and that she had to save the child.

The man was quickly next to her, even though she thought she had pushed him with such force he should have been on the ground. He just as quickly surpassed her, moving at inhuman speeds, he became just a shadow in front of her.

Amazing! How can a man run so fast? She thought as yet another scream reached her ears. Kagome continued to run towards the screams. After a moment, she reached a clearing and what she saw made her heart ache.

There was this man who looked like he was 16 or 17 years old. The man had ears like a dog and his eyes were glowing a deep blood red. His teeth were bared and he had fangs like a dog. Under each crimson eye he had a dark purple, jagged stripe. The man was holding a small child of no more than 10 by the throat.

Kagome let a surprised gasp escape her as she saw the man she was with earlier draw his sword. The other man turned at the sound just in time to drop the child and duck as the sword was swung at him. Kagome began to move towards the child and the dog man jumped over the man with the sword and landed just in front of her, blocking her path to the small child. She instantly froze in fear. The man pulled his arm back and Kagome ducked just in time to dodge the claws.

She watched as the man with the sword swing it at the other man, cutting into his back. The dog man let out an angry cry and turned to the other man.

The man felt an overwhelming urge to protect the pathetic human girl, but did not know why. "Inuyasha, your fight is with me." The man with the now bloodied sword said as the wind picked up, becoming a violent tornado.

Everyone looked up at the odd tornado that was attached to no cloud and just seemed to hover above the clearing. Suddenly the tornado dispersed and in its place was a woman sitting on a giant feather. "Aw how sweet, The Great Taiyoukai Lord of the West protecting his brother's wench. Hmm, never thought it would happen, but you have finally lost your mind." She let out an amused laugh. "Well Lord Sesshomaru answer me this, can you also protect the child when they are so far apart?"

The man let out a growl as the woman swooped down over the child who was running full speed towards the man who was protecting her. "LORD SSEESSSSHHOOMMAARRUU!!" She cried out as she ran. Kagome figured that was his name.

She watched the girl as Sesshomaru fended off attacks from the woman. Kagome didn't even notice the other man standing almost directly in front of her until she heard her name from behind her. She ducked again as the man swung at her and then she began to back up as he came toward her. "Kagome duck!" the voice from behind commanded and she obeyed. Then there was a huge boomerang hurled toward the man. The man didn't have time to get out of the way and it hit him. He went flying backwards and the boomerang hurled back in the direction it had come from.

"Kagome, are you OK?" Kagome turned around and saw a woman looking at her worriedly. The woman wore a strange black suit with the giant boomerang in her hand. She had black hair fashioned in a ponytail and brown eyes.