CHAPTER 7 White light

I look everyehere around me to make sure he's not there as I drag the heavy raft down to the water. I stop to catch my breath. I noticed that Kates remains were missing along with the knife. I scare myself thinking about it and carry on dragging the raft along the sand. I get to the water and take one last look at the shack. Then I get a feeling. A feeling that I'm forgetting something important. I leave the raft and run up quickly to the shack forgetting that Old nick. could still be out there.

I quickly opend the door and ran in without looking around me. I went over to my bed and reached under my pillow. It was the only photograph I had of my family. Then suddenly the room grew dark and silent as I stared deeply at the picture.

A tear drop, A moment of silence, And then SLAM! I quickly turned around to see a man who was half dead and half Alive standing there with the knife in his hand.

He longed for me. He had to have me. Even if it was the last thing he did. His taste buds tingled, His mouth watered for my flesh. Just like all the other children. The only thing different about me was that he wasent going to get me!

He walked slowly limping twoareds me holding the knife up.
I backed up.
I diddent realise he was about to have me cornered.

"GOTCHA" He said.

He lifted back his arm. I quickly moved as the knife went through thin air. He tried again but he missed.
My body was shaking like crazy.

He followed me around the room waveing the knife everywhere at one point he almost had me.

A while later I had noticed that his breathing was slowing down he was weasing and coughing. I glanced quickly over at the open door at the other side of the room. BANG!

I looked over to see him lieing on the ground. The knife had slid away under the table.
I ran as fast as I could to the door.
As I was about to leave I took one last look back to make sure he wasent still alive.

He was still as a log.
The wound I has make in him was too deep. Any normal person would have died straight away but of course he was not a normal person.

Just then a beautiful shineing white light filled the room right before my eyes. I saw a shadow walk twoareds me. I then noticed golden curls catching the light. It was summer. She was stareing up at the light and smileing. She then looked over at me.

" I see my mommy waveing at me" she said. " She looks so happy "

My heart filled up with love and I let a couple of tears come out.

" Thank you" She said. Then she turned into a white shimmering light and faded away.

More shadows appeared.

Next I saw the twins. " Thank you" they said. And Hand in hand they faded away together.

I watched as more and more children went up. I. began to feel left out as if I was meant to be with them. It diddent feel right that I was still alive.

I heard a soft voice call my name. I lifted up my head to see Kate right onfront of me smiling.

"Maya you did it!" she said.

I burst into tears.

" Kate please come back I'm so lonely I don't know what to do anymore I miss you Kate I just want to hug you Kate please I don't want to live without you I want to be with you! " I said all in one breath.

" Maya I will always be with you. "
She said.

" Kate it's not the same I want to see you for real" I want you to give out to me for wakeing up late I want you to make me fish for dinner...I"

"Hey!" Kate yelled. " You won't be getting rid of me that easy! You do anything thing your not meant to do I'll come down there and haunt the crap out of you!" She then looked up at the light and smiled.

" Maya I see them" She said.

I wiped away my tears.

" What do they look like?" I asked forceing a smile.

Kate stared up again." Mom's beautiful! " And wow! I think dad lost weight" She said grinning. " They are smiling and waveing at me. I think they want me to go now Maya"

" Will I ever see you again?" I said sobbing.

" Of course " she said dramaticly. " I will be waiting for you"

She lifted her hand up slowly and brushed it of my cheek. I felt a cool breeze come over me.

She walked over to the light took one last look at me then lifted gracefully up as she burst into an amazing beautiful glittering white light.

The room was cold and dark once again .

I let out one last tear then walked out.

The raft was there waiting to be used. I was very unsure about leaveing. I grew up on this island the only place I have ever known. I had no clue what the mainland was like. I was trying to debate wheather I should stay or not for about an hour and a bit. then finally I came to a decision.