✧ 7 ✧

{fawn}

I laid on the leather couch, my eyes closed, tingles of pain still shooting through me, though it was bearable. I could hear cheers and bass drops coming from the arena, but Luke's voice, as well as the other's, were lost in the noise. I waited for what felt like hours, staring at the blackness of my eyelids, trying to picture stars floating peacefully in the sky. And I would see them, but seconds later they would falter and fall out of my vision returning me to blackness.

I was still trying to figure out what had caused the pain, why it was caused too, but all I knew, or guessed at, was that it had something to do with being Luke's mate. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. Such a problem had never occurred before, nor had I ever had such a unrealistic part of my life, but I was starting to see this wasn't just going to be a part of it. I was going to be stuck in this phase until I die.

I slowly moved my fingers, trying to get the feeling of them being asleep away, but my whole body was feeling like that so I figured it was unlikely.

"I don't know what it was, but she was in serious pain guys, I could feel it!" Luke's animated voice yelled as I could hear them slowly coming closer to wherever I was.

"Luke, I know nothing. I don't know why it happened, ask someone with a mate, see if it happens with them too," Ashton said, his voice steady and reasonable.

"I just don't get it."

Niether did I. People just don't go into pain like that, or at least survive it, let alone recover just as quick; but I had. It had to be a supernatural thing, must've been. I am absolutely positive about it. Images of stuff flashed through my mind. Things that had happened since I came in contact with vampires, but none of the things seemed to give me any recollection, until I saw Belle's blank eyes. Until I saw us at the mall.

My eyes shot open and I sat up with lightning speed as the door opened. They all looked at me with confused looks as I squinted my eyes shut.

Mall. Belle. Calum. Blank. Eyes. Meet Up. College. Belle, Calum - together.

My eyes shot open again and I furrowed my brow at Calum, ignoring the others in the room, but from the corner of my eye I could see Luke nearing me. I stood up abruptly, wincing at the shock that went through me, which sent Luke directly by my side, but my eyes were focused on Calum's worried ones.

"Fawn, you need to sit, please," Luke sounded incredibly desperate, but him being near me, holding my hand and shoulder protectively, eliminated the pain. Now I was buzzing with shocks and tingles from Luke and I's physical contact. Luke pushed me down a bit and I sat, but my eyes stayed glued to Calum's trying to push through my flash backs, trying to figure out why him and Belle were conected.

Belle. Calum. Belle. Calum. Belle and Calum.

"Babe," Luke said, pulling me into his side after he sat next to me, "are you still in pain?"

I closed my eyes again and shivered a little at Luke giving me a typical pet name.

"What?"

"I didn't say 'no' to you, asshole."

I flashed my eyes open and looked at Luke, concern still clear in his eyes.

"No, I'm fine," I muttered.

"You don't sound fine, you sound pissed off," Luke said, squeezing my hand.

I was though. Calum took Belle away from me. How? I didn't know, but he was the cause of it, I know he was. Not only was I pissed at that, I still didn't have an explaination for this morning. And everything else. It seemed everytime I felt possibly comfortable, I found myself pissed off at something else.

"I am."

"Listen, I don't know why that happned, none of us do," he moved his hand around the room as if to prove his point.

"I was thinking about something else, but now that you mention that, it was caused by you, why; I don't know, but it was you."

His face dropped. Mine would too, I mean I just told him he caused me intense and near lethal pain.

"I didn't mean too."

"Fawn, you know he wouldn't do anything to hurt you, right?" Ashton said, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"I can name three times where he already has," I mumbled under my breath, but I knew they all heard me according to their stunned faces, and the fact Luke looked like he was about to cry. Now that I think about, I think vampires have really amazing heating, so that was also a contributing factor. My body, with out my minds consent, snuggled in closer to Luke and I could feel his face growing a little smile, his eye getting a little brighter. I wanted him, and I had no idea why. I am supposed to be angry, frustrated with him, and now I feel fucking horny about him?

Great he's fucking with my emotions and my body and my mind.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked me. I was again suprised by his voice, but I stared at him and I couldn't help but feeling like he knew what I was going through. But how could he?

"Why are you asking?"

"I don't know," he suddenly seemed timid and I wanted to ask him more, but I feel like he had closed up already. I squinted my eyes at him.

"I need air," I said standing and walking towards the door waiting for someone to tell me to stay, but no one did, in fact I didn't even hear any footsteps trailing behind me.

I exited the room and walked down the hallway, nearly bumping into three workers because my head didn't seem to be screwed on correctly.

"Fawn?" I turned my head and saw him. I saw the boy that made me the cooped away girl I am now. Made me the scared human that fliches away from fear and runs at the first sign of trouble.

"Chai?"

But he was gone, only a blonde girl stood there looking at me like I was insane, then again I probably looked like it. She walked towards me, bumping my shoulder which shot a cool tingle down my spine, but her icy gaze only made me more weary of her, or at least intimidated.

"Sorry," I mumbled and turned around towards the door, shaking my head trying to clear my thoughts and my impossible illusions and the Barbie with they icy gaze.

wow i have managed to update more than once this week. i really like to his story and i hope it makes sense and stuff