✧ 1 ✧

{fawn}

I always thought that my family was what I could rely on. Well, my sister at the least. But Belle, like I should, has decided to run. Leave for college in England and let me suffer here in Sacramento all by myself. My parents don't care the least, but I do. Of course I do, it's my goddamn sister. But I have to live out the rest of my life here, stay in school until I can finally escape hell.

But then again, I was lucky enough to know my life. I know it well and I have always followed it to the t. I will finish here at Rosemont high school and move to wherever the hell I want. I love having a plan. You may want to call me a square or whatever, but planning has been the one reliable thing in my life, besides my sister, but she's leaving tomorrow.

✧✧

"Hey, Fawn, could you come with me today?" I heard Belle's soft voice echo through out my bedroom.

"Come where?" her blonde hair was curled down her back, her blue eyes bright contrasting against her tan and flawless skin.

"Duh," she said, pulling out her shirt for my to see. There was a circle containing five tally marks. I raised my eyebrows, studying the pattern and focusing on the writing stretched out from her pulling on the tee.

"Sorry, I still don't-"

"It's a five seconds of summer meet up silly!" she playfully slapped my arm causing me to focus on her incredibly happy demeanor.

"You know, my favorite band?" that explains it.

"Oh, yeah totally, lemme just get ready?" I asked, she nodded. I think she wanted me to look a little more dolled up than usual.

She ran quickly over to my closet as if she was about to pick out something for me to wear. "No, no, no. I pick, sorry Belle."

Belle left the room swiftly, me a bit annoyed at the fact I had to come, but since Belle was leaving tomorrow, I was spending every possible minute with her. Slipping on an All Time Low tank and some white ripped denim shorts I walked out of the room.

"Okay, I was expecting a little more, but we gotta go!" Belle exclaimed as she saw me, happily skipping down the stairs.

I was always so jealous of her. The way her body was so perfect and her hair was never frizzy. She was going to be a model. Perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect body, and long legs, everything you need to be photoshopped into something even more amazing.

Me, well, I'm the ugly duckling in the family. I'm surprised I wasn't adopted because I look absolutely like no one in the house, let alone the extent of anyone in either of my parents bloodline. I'm the odd one out, in almost every possible way.

We pulled up to a small mall strip crowded by hundreds of teenage girls, each having different expressions, none of which, though, were sad or angry; I guess I'm sort of the first. Belle dragged my hand and let out a joking 'lazy ass' before tugging me along to the line.

"I think you girls'll be the last," a security guard said to a group a girls two groups behind us.

"This is so exciting!" Belle let out an overly excited squeal.

"Yep."

"Oh, Fawn, lighten up! I'm surprised you were named Fawn, you don't act like one," she said tapping my arm in a joking manner.

"Mum said it was my eyes. I think she should've done a personality check first," Belle giggled like she always did. That's how she got guys. Her giggle.

I don't like to 'giggle'. It makes me feel girly and weak and my emotions prefer to stay hidden behind the multiple walls I have built.

I have my reasons, though.