CHAPTER 21- APPOINTMENT

The next day Emily woke up earlier than usual; her appointment was at 11 am and if she was going to make it on time she needed to leave early, especially since she was using public transportation. She quickly got dressed in jeans and blue long sleeved shirt then paired it with black sandals before walking out of her room.

"Morning Gladys" she greeted walking into the kitchen. "Morning" the older woman returned looking up from unloading the dishwasher. Emily pulled the bread out of the fridge then tossed two slices in the toaster. While waiting for the bread to finish toasting, she brought out a bottle of boat house strawberry banana smoothie from the fridge; she had been drinking a lot of it lately since it contained a lot vitamins which was great for both the her and the baby.

"Do you know the bus route?" she asked Gladys. Since marrying Ash and moving in with him, she hadn’t left the house, not even to the lobby; she had been cooked up in the penthouse with nowhere to go and no one to visit. She wasn’t used to the bus route in Ash’s neighborhood or knew if there was even a bus route; she wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t one, rich people  usually don't use public transportation.

 "No dear" Gladys closed the dishwasher regarding her. "My grandson drops me off then pick me off".

"Okay" Emily nodded, she was going to figure it out one way or the other. She took the breads out of the toaster then buttered them up.

"Do you know where you are going?" She heard Gladys asked. She shook her head "No. All I have is the address. I don’t even have a computer to look it up" The OBGYN she had an appointment with was one of the ones that was recommended by the hospital after she was discharged and all they gave her was the name and phone number of the office; she had gotten the address when she called to make her appointment. If she had a computer she would have been able to look up the bus route from her location to the office but unfortunately for us owning a computer was a luxury she couldn’t afford.

 “I don’t know anything about computers so I don’t have one" Gladys commented.

Emily laughed at her "I didn’t expect you to have one, Granny" Gladys playfully smacked her with the rag then rolled her eyes. Laughing, Emily sat down on the stool to eat her breakfast. A comfortable silence fell upon them while she ate.

"I’m going to go up to see if Ash has changed his mind about not going with me" she said when she finished her breakfast. Gladys came her a weak smile then nodded.

She walked in Ash's room to find him sleeping on his stomach with the sheet covering just his lower back. "Ash!" she tapped his shoulder; he didn’t wake nor stir. She took his face in, his eyebrow were relaxed so was the rest of his face; he looked so innocent. Anyone that saw him like that wouldn’t believe or imagine how much of an asshole he really was. His mouth was open, but barely; you couldn’t stick a pencil through. She also noticed how soft his lips looked; she knew from experience that there didn’t just look soft but felt soft as well.  She suddenly had the overwhelming need to kiss him; instead she touched it with her index finger dragging her finger from the top to the bottom, the movement making a "brr' sound. Emily giggled then did it again. She stilled when he stirred then licked his lips but didn’t wake up. ‘You are such a child’ she scolded herself for being so immature.

Remembering why she was there in the first place, she shoved his shoulder again "Ash!!" He opened his eyes, closed them then turned his head the other way. "Ash!" she called again. "What?" he mumbled in the pillow.

"Get up"  

"What do you want?" he asked hoarsely.  She moved to the other side of the bed so she could see his face.

 "Can you take me please?" His half-closed eyes widened. She blushed slightly when she realized what her question meant. "I mean can you take me to the doctor's appointment?" she quickly amended. The last thing she wanted was him thinking she was begging him for sex; he already label her a whore, begging for sex would make it true.