Souls Entwined (boyxboy)

Souls Entwined

Prologue

     My sister and I were born less than a minute apart. Even from birth, she was my everything. We didn’t come from a broken home; we grew up in Oregon and had plenty of friends. Basically, our lives were decently normal. It wasn’t until our sixteenth birthday that Elizabeth and me found out how truly different we were from everyone around us.

    Elizabeth, the eldest, began to notice she could hear the thoughts of the people around her. At first, she thought she was slipping into insanity, but as time progressed, she could pick out certain individuals’ thoughts from crowds. I noticed shortly after that I could do the same; however, when Elizabeth and I focused together, we found we could nearly control the thoughts of a person, make them do anything we wanted.

    It scared the living hell out of both of us at first.

    I didn’t want powers or whatever I had, but Elizabeth became obsessed with hers. She would pull her long, straight, black hair into a tight ponytail and spend hours speaking to forces I couldn’t see.

    Elizabeth possessed the ability to commune with spirits living on completely different planes of existence. She explained it to me as not just talking to the dead in our world, but she could also speak to beings that lived in worlds far beyond our own. Thankfully, I wasn’t as cursed as my sister.

    Beyond being able to read peoples’ minds, I could only see glimpses of the future at completely random times beyond my control. Elizabeth remained persistent that I could control my power if I would practiced more. Agreeing one summer morning, Elizabeth and I sat on the floor of her upstairs bedroom holding hands.

    Elizabeth naturally led, speaking calmly and patiently to whatever forces our powers spawned from. Power surged through our bodies, and an icy hand slithered through my body, blocking out the world around me.

    The future came like a blast of artic air, but what I saw ruined my life, destroyed everything I loved.

    In my vision, my sister fell to the ground, fear widening her bright blue eyes as a silent scream escaped her lips. A pair of ethereal hands clasped around her neck. She kicked and clawed against her attacker, but her body slowly stilled, and her mouth hung open until her body finally fell completely still.

    The hands released her, letting her fall into the snow beneath of body. No one came to find her; she was utterly alone.

    When the vision ebbed, I tore my hands away from my sister, pushing myself to my feet. “You’re going to die!” I yelled, teary-eyed.

    Calmly, my sister offered me a smile. “Your vision won’t come true, Alexander. Together we possess more power than anyone else. A silly spirit isn’t going to get to me with you around.” Her confidence didn’t faze me.

    “I saw you die, Ellie! I watched the life fade from your eyes!” My heart raced. My sister was my life; my other half. I could not lose her.

    “You’re not going to lose me,” she said with a bright smile as she read my thoughts.

    But I did lose her. The next winter, my sister lost her life while I wasn’t there to protect her. A force out of my reach stole her life, leaving her in the snow for me to stumble into like a wild animal’s kill.

    Seeing her elegant body sprawled in the snow changed my resolve. I stopped being a coward. I vowed to find whatever killed my sister; I vowed to end them.

    I wasn’t there for her in life, but I would spend my life giving her death justice.

----

What do you think about this story idea? I believe this will be my next project after Imaginary is complete. I've had this idea in my head for awhile, so today, I sat down and wrote the prologue. I figured that I might as well share it with you.

Like I said, I will pick this up once Imaginary is complete. Feel free to vote if you like this though!

I'm curious to see what you all think!

You are more than welcome to fan me if you're new in order to keep up with my new stoies.

xoxo - Mason