11 • Blue's Clues •

Rudolph was not as cute and red as the reindeer.

He was big, hefty and his eyes were like a guletine. He had a jagged scar that ran down his face, and he was taller than the Burj khalifa.

I know. I've seen it.

He reminded me of Butler from Artemis Fowl. Or Karim from Storm and Silence.

I tried. I tried to quiver or shake in fear.

But knowing about dangerous people and being prepared for them my whole life, it was an extremely difficult task.

Besides, I was never really a good actor.

Ryan gave me a quizzical glance. "What?" I hissed.

"A normal girl would be shivering and shaking now." He poked me.

I'm very ticklish.

Have I said this before?

I jumped forward.

I could practically feel Ryan's grin spread wider. "So you are ticklish!"

"Of course not. Don't be an idiot. And I'm not like other girls," I whisper-yelled.

"What a cliche line." He snorted.

"Shut up,"

"I see all that extensive reading has a highly educational impact on your vocabulary,"

I scowled searching for an appropriate come back. I couldn't find one. So I decided to be the mature person. "Shut up,"

He chuckled.

"Here we are," came Rudolph's booming voice.

We stood in front of a white door with the number 21 branded on it. Rudolph handed us a key card and turned to leave.

"Thanks!" I called.

He turned around and gave me a craggy grin that made his scar contort in ways I didn't know it could. "No problem,"

I could feel Ryan tense up beside me.

Rudolph frowned.

I sent a volcanic scowl Ryan's way before turning to Rudolph and  returning his smile with an extremely bright one.

Hopefully it was more dazzling than I knew it was. I leaned in-well, as much as a five foot two inch girl could as compared to a probably seven foot giant- and whispered, "I think the scar makes you look dashing,"

I winked, then pushed the key card into the door and walked into the room.

Ryan followed close behind me, an odd looking smile on his face. 

Why odd you ask?

Because I like caregorizing smiles and his smile at that very moment couldn't be.

It was like a mix between admiration and pride?

And that couldn't be right because I want an admirable kind of person.

Well. Whatever.

As I surveyed the room the first thing I noticed was this.

There was only one bed.

One big, beautiful, comfortable bed that I wanted to sleep on.

Maybe Ryan wouldn't be ill-mannered and let me sleep on the bed.

"Shot gun on the bed!"

Who was I kidding?

"I saw it first!" Was my extremely wise response.