You Win Some, You Lose Some

P€RÇŶ'ß PØV

"Tail Stance! Thrust! Block! Post A! Pivot!" Chiron was training with me in the new field today. He still thinks I'm not ready, and he won't tell me what he's training me for! It irritates me so much!

We continue to go at it, him yelling various moves that I didn't bother to memorize, expecting me to act them out perfectly, and me trying not to get impaled.

Finally, though, when I couldn't keep up anymore, Chiron disarmed me, leaving me on the ground, a sword pointed to my neck.

"You would be dead by now if I was Kronos."

"I know, Chiron, but you're not. If you were, you'd probably wearing pants." He glared at my attempted joke, and I sighed. "Sorry. I'll do better in the future, Sir." His glare eased up, and he reached out a hand, helping me up off the ground.

"You may think I am working you hard, but I want you to be prepared. I don't want another hero's death because of my failers as a trainer."

I nodded and turned, walking away from the field, and toward the Poseidon cabin, leaving a dissapointed Chiron behind.

Tyson was gone this summer, leaving me alone with no one else to fill the now empty space.

My cabin, honestly, was the messiest place on Earth. My clothes were strewn around, I had papers across my desk, and I hadn't swept in weeks. It wass a mess.

But who could blame me? Chiron had me- and the rest of the camp- on heavy guard. I was stressed since Annabeth started dating Thalia- even though she was no where to be found and that stressed Annabeth out more- and Tyson isn't here for me to vent my problems! Tyson always helped with this.

The papers across my bed were all letters I had wrote him, but I couldn't send them. I couldn't find the right words.

I sighed, brushing the unsent letters off my bed and onto the floor.

Wow! My bed was blue!? I didn't know... (Note the sarcasm.)

Even though it was only around six in the afternoon, all the stress and nonstop training finally got to me. I plopped down on my bed, and closed my eyes, ignoring the dinner bell.

I wish he was still here to help.