Old Memories

ÄÑÑÄB€TH'ß PØV

Percy, the absolute mule, has been missing for three days, four hours, and twenty-three minutes.

And I am freaking out.

Chiron has called all the head councelors to the big hous to 'Discuss this new development'. Honestly, he should have let me lead a quest the first morning after.

I was walking with Thalia, my girlfriend, who was representing Artemis' hunters, to the big blue house.

"You know, he might not even be alive..." Thalia voiced everyone's fears. "I mean, what if Kronos got him? He would stand no chance against the titan."

"If Percy was dead, Grover would also be six feet under. And di Angelo would sense him." I didn't know who I was trying to convince: her, or myself.

We strutted into the big house, Clarrise and Charlie Beckendorf were arguing.

"I don't care how vital he is to the war, we cannot send out more campers just to hunt down someone who's probably already dead!"

"He's our key to winning! I am not letting you stand in tge way of victory! We must go after Princy- no matter how stupid he is for getting into this mess!" Surprisingly, it was Clarisse la Rue, daughter of Ares and head of cabin number 5.

"I agree with Clarisse. Percy needs to be found, Charlie." Silena Beauregard, head of the Aphrodite cabin, best friend of Clarisse and Charlie, stepped in between, her icy stair cooling down both hot heads.

"I second that." I spoke up, "Percy isn't just an asset, though. He is a friend and he is family. We protect our family."

Chiron, who was sitting and observing in a dark corner of the room, finally spoke up.

"Now that all heads of cabins are here, and each sode has make said point, we will vote to see if there will be a quest, and if so, who will be going. All in favor of no quest?"

Charlie looked like he wanted to raise his hand, but a stern glare from Silena sent him cowering, and his hand along with him. Only Michael Yew and Katie Gardner raised their hands, but had uncertain expressions on their faces.

"It is decided. There will be a quest for the resque of Percy Jackson from the enemy."

"Chiron, if I may, I feel as if I would be best suited to lead this quest." Chiron let out an amused smile.

"Of course, and I feel the same way. You are granted leadership of the quest. If you may, pick your companions?"

I shrugged. "Any volunteers?"

Surprisingly enough, Silena raised her hand, no hesitation. A little less surprising, was Thalia's hand along side it.

"Then it is settled. Annabeth, daughter of Athena, Silena, daughter of Aphrodite, and Thalia, huntress of Artemis and daughter of Zeus will set out at dawn tomorrow. Annabeth, if you would, get your quest before everyone leaves for summer?"

I nodded, and proceded to the old, creepy wooden stairs, through the blank white walls, and opened the hatch leading to the attic.

The Orical was just as I remembered it. Her thick, black hair in knotts and rotting away. The little skin she had was wrinkled and dry as a snake's skin. Her souless eyes haunting.

"Come forth, Annabeth, daughter of Athena. I am Delphi, reader of prophecies of Phoebus Apollo. Ask, Child. Ask a question." She croaked, her voice deep and rich, sounding like sandpaper on my ears.

"How do I save Percy Jackson?" I asked, loud and clear, brushing my hair out of my face, and listening intently, ready to memorize every word.

"The owl, the thunder, and the daughter of dove
Will take the trails far above
Going west they soon shall find
Their memories will be lost in time.
The treasure they seek will be found
But won't return safe and sound
The mighty theif stole the gold
And treasures it for him alone.
Past words will be complete
But the mighty heros will have to cheat."

After she croaked out the last word, and her coffin slammed shut.

All I could do was breathe out a shaky breath.

"Oh no..."

Hey,Wren here, I'm sorry I took so long to update.

See, as I said, I've been going through a bit of a rough time. But I promise, on my Slytherin pride, I will continue this story!

And to make it up to you guys, I want to start something new!
It's called my Chapter Shoutout! I know, very original... But anyway, I am going to give a shoutout to a reader in every chapter so forth, just to thank them fir the support!

This chapter's shoutout goies to daughter_of_olympus for all of the support and lovely encouragement! Thank you so much!

~Enjoy, ŴR€Ñ!