Chapter 7: Why?

England felt like his heart was going to stop because of beating too fast. He tried to comfort himself by breathing deep as much as he could while he was walking fastly and nervously in the streets of Paris, but it didn't work even a little. In fact, his heart got faster this time... His thoughts were turning randomly inside his head, he felt the anxiety through his bones, and after a while he started sweating. Was he too worried about the Frenchman? Or was it normal? He suddenly stopped thinking those, realizing that he was standing right in front of France's house. 

He leaded to the door and rang the bell for several times. His hands were shaking.

Why am I trembling? I bet that he is just tired or something, no, I'm sure of it! Or maybe just sick, I told him not to drink cold water anyway, he has to listen to me in such situations! We argue so often, yes, but we don't want to kill each other anyway. By the way, why does it take too long for him to open this bloody door?!

He knocked the door, thinking that maybe the bell was broken or something since the Frenchman didn't come to open the door.

"Hey, you bloody wanker! Open this fucking door! Do you hear me?!" yelled he this time, still knocking the door, but even though several minutes passed, there were no trace of voice from inside. He started getting angrier, but suddenly, he felt that his whole body was frozen, he felt cold, started sweating, his breathings got faster. He crossed his thick eyebrows with worry. It was so weird for him to not answer to the Englishman.

Arthur just looked around himself, without knowing what to do. Then he took a deep breath and spent his all strength to open the door with his shoulder and leg. After forcing a few times, finally he could break the lock and went in. First, he went to the kitchen, but there was nothing. So he leaded to the living room...

Arthur's eyes widened and he couldn't even move as he saw Francis was laying on the floor, unconsciously, in the middle of a small blood pond around him. His forearms were full of fresh injuries, which were still bleeding a bit. And his eyes were wet somehow. Arthur quickly ran and kneeled next to him in order to check his pulse by putting his two fingers on the Frenchman's neck. Then he started crying and took off his own jacket and wrapped it around one of Francis' arms in order to stop or at least slow down the bleeding. He was alive, but he could die if he wasn't be quick as much as possible since his pulse was pretty slow. He immediately took his phone with his hands shaking with panic and called the ambulance.

While he was waiting for the ambulance, he thought some things, almost hugging his own tears which were washing his face...

How could this happen?? Did I say something wrong last time? Or did Canada..... No, no, no, Canada isn't such a person, he is not America anyway. However, I just cannot understand it...

His eyes couldn't leave Francis' blood. It made him even sadder than before.

How couldn't I? Didn't I care? Or was he too good to hide himself? When I first saw he punched the wall in the bathroom last week, I should have watched his actions more, but why am I.... I'm just an idiot, that's all... Hell, he is really a frog, he will get a punch from me when he wakes up...

His face fell down with sorrow.

I hope he wakes up... He has to...

When the ambulance finally came, he let them to take Francis and he also got in the vehicle after them.

_____________________

He waited and waited... He was waiting for hearing about Francis' condition from a nurse or a doctor. His heart was beating like a monster as he was pacing in the edge of the corridor, he just couldn't stop his impatience. Was he dead? Why did it take so long? Or was the time was passing so fast for him? He couldn't understand the reason, but he felt so wrong, something was hurting his soul, his lungs and his throat as well.

Why? Why didn't anyone come and say even a little word to me? I feel like I am going to die for waiting here whole day!  And Francis... What did I say anyway? Why didn't he want to talk with me?  Or was I too afraid of helping him? Why?  Why didn't I insist at the beginning?!

"Sir, are you-" A nurse started to talk, but it seemed like Arthur didn't hear it since he was busy with his own voice inside his head, he immediately walked to the bathroom, without knowing that he left the nurse. The nurse couldn't do anything but watching him from distance. She thought that it would be better for him to have some fresh air or wet his face with water, she had no idea what he was going to do anyway. She closed her eyes and left there.

When he came to the bathroom, he looked at his reflection in the mirror, opened the tap and started washing his face with the water floating into the sink.

Come to yourself, he is going to be okay, relax Arthur Kirkland! He is not my... lover... anyway...

He shook his head, he immediately closed the tap and left there, going back to have some information about Francis' condition.

Lover...? No, no, no, why did I think this word now anyway??

His feet were getting faster.

Why?

______________________

I know, I know, this chapter was kinda... *at that moment, the writer doesn't know what to say and how to explain her dissatisfaction but she also knows that was what she wanted to write* Whatever...
Thanks for reading this chapter, see you next time~