Chapter 6: Broken

It had been a week since France didn't go outside and contact with other people. Why he couldn't just pretend to be happy? Was he that much pathetic? Was he that much useless? He even couldn't do a simple thing, could he?

He was laying on the cold floor of the living room, where was pretty messy... There were lots of used napkins on the couches, emptied wine bottles were laying on the floor, all around the Frenchman. The coffee table was toppled and the flower vases were broken into pieces, still standing on the ground.

France also seemed pretty bad just like the living room as well... He smelt not so good because of not caring about himself, he even didn't want to take a bath. He hadn't combed his hair for days. His blue eyes were dull. There wasn't any trace from his previous shining and smiling face. As if he was a stranger to himself. The thought of his own identity was blurred for a week. Maybe that was the reason why he couldn't pretend to be happy. Since only previous France knew how to be happy. However the person who was ruling his body -whoever he is- couldn't look like a happy person since he didn't know his old ego's emotions.

He curled and started crying again, just like he did the previous day, and the day before that one, and so on...

He extended his hand to one of the empty wine bottles on the floor and broke it by crashing it on the ground harshly as his tears were running through both his eyes painfully. Some of the glass pieces sticked on his cheeks, and with that, blood drops joined his tears. He sat up and took the biggest glass piece he saw immediately. His whole body was trembling, in fact because of that he was about to drop the glass piece he was holding, but he didn't of course. He was pretty determined about his thought.

He started making wounds on his arms with the glass piece. As his skin started being cut, and the bleedings became faster, he pleased with the blood splashed on his face. He didn't stop until he became weak enough not to hold that ruthless sharp object anymore. However he wanted to hurt himself more than this, he wanted to... If his arms were much stronger than this...

Pourquoi.... I only wanted to taste it more... I cannot stand like this...

He couldn't stop crying. He didn't care about his open wounds. It would be better if he gets infected! That was what he only thought that moment.

I don't want it anymore... Why can't I just die??

He covered his face with his hands, crying too loudly, as if his lungs were going to be broken just like his soul and the wine bottles he had crashed for a few days.

The color of the blood was the only thing he wanted to see more.

__________________

Actually, England was right about being worried about France. Since he couldn't contact with him for a while. He called his number but there was no answer from the Frenchman's side. England paced and paced, thought more and more... Did he really do the right thing with not coming to his house since he left him the day after the world meeting?

He doubted if France was at home... No responses from anyone... He had called Spain and Prussia, but they didn't know anything. Who else could know where he was or what happened to him? Who?

He knew that there were someone who knew about France like England did. However, he couldn't remember who he or she was. He just continued pacing in his room, then he suddenly stopped in front of the open window. A tree's branches were shaking with the blowing wind outside... He didn't know he watched that ordinary tree for a while, maybe he also thought that he sunk in thoughts or something, or he just wanted it to be so...

Then he saw a leaf fell down desperately...

His eyes shone by remembering, he took his phone and clicked on the person's name in the directory, who he had just remembered.

"Hello?"

"Um, Mr. England? Why did you suddenly-"

"Canada, have you seen France recently?"

"Ah, I have seen him last week, why are you asking?"

"I cannot contact with him, I wondered if you know what--"

"Holy God..." whispered Canada with a shock.

"Wait, what? Is there something?"

"He was... I... Um..."

"He was what?"

"He was drunken when I saw him... I took him to his bedroom and let him sleep, there were lots of empty wine bottles around him when I found him... I just thought that it was a usual drunkenness... But..."

England immediately turned off the phone and took his way to France's place...

__________________________

Yeah, I failed this chapter, I know :p Anyway, I couldn't find another way out to make him go to Francis' house... See you next time~