The New Plan

First Person P.O.V - Alex

     My old plan was to go down the staircase and see what was down there. Scratch that! I heard a scream and I plan to find out what happened. The scream wasn't in the voice of a female so I knew that it wasn't Anya who screamed. This made me breathe a sigh of relief.

     I ran back up, closed to door, stacked back up the crates replacing the Crackers crate with an Oats crate. I wasn't sure who I'd be fooling by that. The kitchen was still a mess form my blunder earlier. I ran out of the kitchen and in the hallway, I ran straight into Nina and Chloe.

     They said in unison, "Hey, we heard a scream! We think it came from this way!"

     Before they could continue, I said, "Well, I also heard a scream and since I was already here, there's no way that it could have been here."

     Nina said, "Dangit, I was hoping that this would be easy."

     Chloe just simply responded, "I think we all want that, but this is quite hard, isn't it?"

     Along with Nina, I nodded in agreement. I eventually said, "Well, I'll just see what caused it and get back to you guys!" I promptly left after that

     I checked everywhere I've been to so far downstairs and couldn't find anything. All that was left was a door that was behind the piano and a door that was behind Anya's current bed. I approached the door behind the piano and tried the door. It was locked. I tried the skeleton key. It stayed locked. For some reason, I was relieved that this door was locked.

     I walked into Anya's bedroom and saw her sitting on her bed. I asked, "Hey, mind if I check out that door to the left of me?"

     She responded, "Sure, I really don't care anymore, anyway."

     I said "Sweet," as I made my way to the door. I tried the handle to find that it was unlocked. I opened the door and continued with, "Well, this room is quite interesting." 

     It was pretty much a library. All of the walls had bookshelves on each side. On the ceiling hung a high chandelier. Right below the chandelier four seats and four desks. Right under the chandelier was a seat. In front of the seat was a desk. Now, imagine this in the shape of a rhombus. That is exactly what this room looked like. The final thing was a magnificent red carpet beneath the desks and seats.

     Seeing as there was nothing suspicious about this room, I went out and closed the door. I asked Anya if she wanted to help me search the house. She said, "Sure, I don't have anything better to do."

     We went out into the foyer and I saw that the time was now 4:44. How nice. I waited for Anya and when she came close, I trekked up the stairs. She followed suit.

     I said, "How about this, we split up from here. I go left and you go straight. If one of us finds something, then we immediately yell for the other, okay?"

     All Anya did was to nod in understanding. I did the same. So, I went left. I opened the door and went inside of the game room. I tried the door on the left. It was still locked. As I approached the bathroom door (the door straight ahead), I noticed a putrid stench from behind the door.

     I put my hand on the handle and turned it. I looked inside. There was a small hole in the ceiling and a hole in the bathtub. Upon closer inspection, I realized that these were both trapdoors. I looked up the hole and saw a few water droplets. One fell on my face. It was excruciatingly hot water. I looked down the hole in the bathtub. I thought, Well, that explains the stench.

     There was Dale Tucker's lifeless body right next to Bill's down there. His body had started decomposing with the help of a bunch of insects. It also made a putrid stench. To contribute to the horrible smell, someone excreted waste in the pot and didn't make it go down.

     I started to piece together what happened. I assumed that the trapdoor above the bathtub was filled with scaldingly hot water. Someone activated the trapdoor as Dale was taking a bath and Dale got smoldered to death. Then, the trapdoor beneath the bathtub fell through and Dale fell down right next to Bill. I could see a large puddle of water down there as well.

     That settles it. Dale had died.

     (A/N) I will draw a photo of the downstairs rooms and I will draw the second floor once that has been fully introduced.

     List of Characters Now: Alex Wilson, Anya Crim, Laurel Pine, [[Bill Wood]], [[Dale Tucker]], Tyler Green, Chloe Evans, Nina Doyle, [[David Meer]], Rubin Lee, and The Host (Again, who knows who the "Host" is.)