The First Death

Third Person Limited P.O.V - Alex

     The death of Bill had shocked everyone. The numbers of their people had decreased from nine to eight, including the host. They heard someone strutting down the stairs and were scared so they didn't open the door. When they saw the handle turn, they all tensed. When the door flew open, they breathed a sigh of relief.

     It was just Dale. He immediately said, "What happened down here? You guys were all randomly screaming!"

     Nina snapped in response, "Well, I'm sorry that one of us just dropped dead! It hasn't even been one hour and one of our group is already dead!"

     Dale looked quite shocked and looked around the dining room. Sure enough, he saw Bill's lifeless body. Bill had almost fallen out of his chair now.

     Alex then pointed out, "Hey, the chair went from reading 'Bill Wood' to reading '[Blank]' just like the guy Tyler mentioned! I forgot his name though."

     The others noticed this. Chloe replied, "Well, he did quite clearly say that the poor bloke's name was David Meer."

     Alex then asked, "Hey, does anybody know why Bill died first?"

     Tyler replied, "Well, he did figure out the host's plan pretty quickly, the host probably thought it was a good idea to minimize his threats first."

     Alex mused that this was quite a good idea for the host. He then noticed a hole in the wall. He said, "Hey look, a hole in the wall!" He pointed to behind Nina.

     Nina looked behind her and saw the hole. She reached in and pulled out a blood-soaked knife. She said, "Well, now we know how Bill died."

     Anya replied, "Yeah, we should probably dispose of it."

     Chloe said, "Here, give it to me."

     Nina, who was confused, gave it to her. Chloe promptly snapped the blade in half with her gloves. All was left were the hilt and the blade. Chloe then snapped the blade piece into halves. Snapping the hilt into halves would be mission impossible.

     They all started in awe at how she could have possibly done that. Chloe simply said, "Well, just because I'm fat doesn't mean I'm not strong. Ha!"

     Detective Rubins then said, "Hey, this might just be what we need. If we all have our own strengths and positive attributes, then the host might have a harder time killing us off! Since he or she wants us dead one by one. It might delay them and give us more time to figure out who this 'host' is!"

     Tyler then said, "Actually, that's logical reasoning. I just hope that the next death is much farther away than we think."

     Everybody else agreed.

     Chloe started talking about escape but Dale interrupted her.

     Dale said, "Well, the forest is too big and is filled with who knows what. Also, the next trains come by next week."

     We sighed.

     Alex finally said, "Well, I'm going to sleep. We have a week until we all die now, right? Best to make the most of our stay while the host is trying to kill us all."

     Detective Rubin then said, "Hmm, you can sleep if you want. I'm staying to investigate."

     Just like that, Alex went to the couch because he wanted the others to have the beds. He looked at the clock in the foyer. 12:41. He walked to the couch and after much deliberation, he fell asleep.