The First Morning

Second Person P.O.V - Alex

     You woke up. End of story. You were still on the couch. It was a Monday morning. You looked at the three doors connecting the living room to another room. The rooms to the foyer and the bathroom were closed. The room to the downstairs bedroom, however, was surprisingly open.

     From your view, you saw that there was clearly someone lying on the bed. You stood up and saw that it was Anya. She looked peaceful. You decided to check the time so you went to the foyer. Looking at the grandfather clock, you admired its beauty and pattern. The clock had read 6:46.

     You were relieved at this. You would normally wake up at seven o' clock so this was ok. It didn't even matter that you only got six hours of sleep. You walked into the piano room. You tried the door to the kitchen but just like yesterday, it was locked. You tried to open the door across from the door to the kitchen now. This door was unlocked. You decided not to go through it as this was Anya's room.

     You realized that you had to take the long route to the kitchen. You went there and saw Detective Rubin in the dining room along with Laurel and Dale. In the kitchen, you saw Tyler. You figured that Nina and Chloe were still sleeping or something upstairs.

     You grabbed a bowl and then snagged some barley, oats, and corn to eat. You supposed black beans and water wouldn't be too bad either. Tyler got the same as you but chose red wine as his choice of beverage. The pair of you walked into the dining room and sat down at your own respective seats. You noticed that Bill's lifeless body was now gone.

     You asked Detective Rubin, "Hey, how was your investigation yesterday?"

     Rubin replied, "Quite interesting, actually. First off, upon closer inspection, one could see that Bill had received two stab wounds instead of one. They just were so close that they merged. The stab wounds both reached his heart and right lung so no wonder he died. Second, I wonder what's in that locked door. Everything I tried wouldn't get it to open. It needs a key but I've never seen anything like it before. Finally, I have no idea who the murderer is but it's pretty well established that it is not me... I hope. I don't know actually. You all might think I'm the killer."

     You replied, "Well Detective, thanks for the new information. Also, I don't really think you're the killer. Then again, I don't really think anybody else is the killer either."

     The detective then exclaimed, "Oh! I remembered! The metal sound we heard before Bill's death, I'm pretty sure that that was the sound of a knife coming out if its sheath! If we can find the sheath, then we could also be a step closer to finding the killer and hopefully reveal who they are."

     Everybody else nodded their heads in agreement. Nina then came into the dining room and Chloe followed her in. It still creeped you out that this is the only room so far besides the downstairs restroom and hallways you knew about that didn't have a window.

     Laurel quickly filled them in on the details. The lamp was still blazing.

     Then, Chloe had a question. She asked, "Wait, the lamps randomly went out and relit themselves when the killer struck. Any idea how that happened?"

     Rubin replied, "Oh, yeah. I saw nothing as to how the killer could have done that. Maybe they have good reflexes or night vision or something..."

     This was strange. You then had an idea. You said, "Wait, while I was on the train yesterday, Anya said there was a dead rat at the end of the train. So, I went to the rat and... well... I picked it up and shook it," The people around you had looks of or disgust written on their faces. You continued, "A key fell out of the rat and-"

     You were interrupted as Tyler exclaimed, "Hey! That might be the key to unlocking that locked door that Detective Rubin told us about! Go try it!"

     Annoyed that you were interrupted, you figured that he might be right. You got up and walked over to the locked door. You saw everybody watching you. You inserted the key into the lock and turned. You opened the door and nearly screamed but managed a gasp.

     Inside the room was Bill's dead body. It didn't even look like a human anymore. It was mangled and the entrails were spilling out everywhere. It had even attracted some flies that were originally in the room. Next to Bill's body was another body. You imagined that this one was David's.

     Nina exclaimed, "That's horrible! We need to find out who this host is! Also, I think that the 'The Host' chair at the table is some sort of joke. The 'Host' is clearly hiding among us! I should not have come here!"

     Chloe said, "Well, if you didn't come here, then the host would have killed you off anyways like they did with David."

     Nina processed the information until finally saying, "I suppose I can't argue with that logic."

     You wondered what time it was right now. You asked Chloe for the time as she had that watch.

     She replied, "Oh, Alex. It's... let's see here... Ah! It's 7:32. I figured out how to set my watch yesterday and it finally says the right time now!"

     Anya finally arrived. She looked groggy but she looked like she instantly jolted awake after seeing the two dead bodies. She said, "Okay, I'm going back into the foyer. Also, please close this door. I don't want it open ever again."

     By the time Anya her words, Laurel, Dale, Tyler, and Nina were already in the dining room or the foyer. You, Chloe, and Detective Rubin stepped out now. You closed the door and locked it. You said, "I'm keeping this key for now. Obviously, the killer has an identical key or has multiple."

     Everybody was mostly okay with that. You could see that at least one of them thought that you might be the murderer. When you reached the foyer, you saw Anya, Laurel, and Dale. Anya said, "Hey Alex, want to go explore upstairs with me? I've never been up it and I don't think you have either."

     You looked around. You thought Dale might have tittered behind your back but decided to ignore it.

     You replied, "Sure Anya, I don't really have anything better to do anyway."

     As you said that, you and Anya began your ascent.

     (A/N) I might draw a picture of the lower floor of the mansion.

     List of Characters Now: Alex Wilson, Anya Crim, Laurel Pine, [[Bill Wood]], Dale Tucker, Tyler Green, Chloe Evans, Nina Doyle, [[David Meer]], Rubin Lee, and The Host (Again, The "Host" may be hiding among the guests.)