Orphaned

[a/n: the picture shown is of Amanda not Katherine. Also the song is called "Life Support." By sam smith if you wanted to listen to it. (: enjoy]

Katherine's Pov.

I went to Scott's house after the what you might call 'incident'. I went up to my room and layed down on my bed, thinking.

I thought about how quickly my entire life had changed. Before I was bitten at thirteen, I had my whole life ahead of me. Well, my whole normal life ahead of me. Now I had a life where I was on a hit list of supernatural creatures and had no family left to hug and tell them about my sorrows.

Part of me is glad that Isaac isn't here. I guess I just don't want him in this mess. I don't want another family member dead.

I never told anyone, but my anchor was Isaac. I always strived to protect him. But since he's been gone, I've had trouble hanging on to him. It's like my anchor was fading. I was struggling a lot more on full moons but I didn't usually let it get the best of me.

But I had to admit that not having anyone got to me once in a while. It was usually the feeling of emptiness. The feeling of having no one. No mother to comfort me, no father to- wait, that's right. After my mom died, my father started abusing Isaac. I remember telling him to stop, to hurt me instead because I couldn't bear to see Isaac in pain. So my father took my advise and started abusing me as well as Isaac.

It wasn't what I had meant but it was what it was- he started paying more attention to me. Until he died and everything seemed okay. It wasn't that I didn't love my father, because I did, even though I had a hand full of reasons not to. I know why he used violence. It was because he didn't know what to do with the emotions he had after my Mom and older brother Camden died.

I forgave him the day I went to his funeral. I knew that's what my mom would have wanted me to do. But to say the least I was a messed up kid. This all kind of leads back to why I like Liam. We are more alike than he thinks. After my mom died I had post traumatic stress and depression. It was bad, but around that time I met Savannah, who knew what I was going through.

Her brother, Matt Daehler, drowned a while back. She had gotten anxiety afterward and dealt with it through an activity, which, for her, was photography. As for me, it's singing. So I sit up on my bed and grab my guitar, strumming a few times before clearing my throat.

"I've been sleepin' with the lights on... cuz the darkness is surrounding you." I begin singing Life Support by Sam Smith, hearing a heartbeat right outside my closed door. Too bad.

"This is my world, this is my choice. And you're the drug that gets me through. I've been waiting for an answer." I sing the last part highly, knowing the person outside of the door is listening intently.

"Because I built this bed for two. I'm just waiting on your answer. I built this bed for me and you."

At this point I'm just waiting for the person to open the door.

"Can't you see, that I.. am yours? So will you be, my life support?" I stop strumming and close my eyes.

"Come in." I say, putting my guitar down as I hear the door open.

"Liam? Wh-"

"I snuck in through the window." he says, closing the door behind him.

"Does Scott know you're here?" I ask him.

"No. I came to see if you were okay..." He says, walking towards me.

"I...I'm fine. I just..."

"You don't have to talk about it." he says and I stare at him silently, wondering why he was really here.