Chapter 1

Jeordie's POV

I was awakened by the bright sun glowing down upon my pale face. I quickly hid under the pillow and tried to get back to sleep, but I failed, of course.

I was dreading today. My mum was forcing me to go to work with her for a "Bring Your Son To Work Day". Every year, she would drag me along to sit there and do nothing whilst she answered the phone and typed up pointless information for hours.

"Jeordie!" The witch screamed from downstairs. It was only 9am so I have no idea why she was so desperate for me to be awake and ready. I rolled out of bed - literally - and crawled over to my wardrobe. There weren't many items of clothing in my wardrobe: a green dress, some tights and some baggy t shirts. I pulled my dress off the hanger and wriggled my naked body inside, forcing my arms into one sleeve, and another. I did up the buttons and, still on the floor, put on my tights. I zipped up my huge, black combat boots and slid on my black lipstick and eyeliner.

Finally standing up, I shuffled out of my door and onto the stairs. I heard voices. Unfamiliar voices. One high-pitched, fake happy voice and one occasional deep mumble. I walked down one step at a time and peered around the corner at my mum and her friend (probably). Then I noticed a guy with shaved eyebrows, long black hair, black leather clothes and black boots similar to mine. Damn.