Chapter 38

Chapter 38

We all separated into different cars which left me stuck in the car with Neal. Don't get me wrong, he is my mate and all but it's gotten to the point where he's no longer the fun Neal. He's too serious about being alpha and all that other crap, I know being alpha comes with lots of responsibility but come on you should have some type of fun doing it! I leaned my head against the window as we rode in complete silence, no radio, no talking, and absolutely no sign of life in this truck. So I sat up and started to reach my hand towards the radio, and Neal decided to slap my hand away.

"Okay, so you like the silence?" I questioned.

"Yeah it soothes me."

I sent him a questioning look and he just smiled as he kept his eyes on the road.

"I hate silence Neal." I said.

He didn't say anything just kept driving.

"Neal." I snapped.

He still didn't say a word.

"Seriously? Fine, I'll call Jessie and see what he's doing." I murmured and pretended to reach for the phone I didn't actually have.

Neal pulled to the side of the road and pressed on the brakes forcefully to stop the car. He did that so fast I forgot where I was for a second. Now at days Neal just can't take a joke! The car was now on the side of the busy interstate and he was just sitting there gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Can I ask you something?" He finally spat out.

"If its about Red Lobster, the girl was asking for it." 

"What is it about Jessie that makes you love to be with him more than you want to be with me?" He asked.

"What type of question is that?" 

"One that you should answer." 

With that I smacked him in the back of the head making him hit his face on the horn. He didn't see it coming which made it so much more hilarious! I cracked a smile and flicked my nose playfully, now there's the Neal I know.

"Jess and I have just grown close. He's a good friend; he's just different from most people." I answered. 

"Different from me." 

"Yeah, but I've known you longer and I don't love him as much as I love you." 

"You need to stop being so perfect." He laughed as he drove back on the road.

"Deal with it buddy."

"I love you too." He smiled

I dozed off a little while after our conversation and I felt the car shut off about ten minutes later. As Neal opened his door, he let in a cool breeze which swept across my face, and he briskly walked over to my side of the car and lifted me up bridal style. He shut the door with his foot and made his way towards the front door. He moved so fast I'm not sure if we were going up stairs right now or just walking into the door, either way a few seconds passed and he was getting me ready for bed, literally. He softly put me on the bed and took of my shoes and dress, I felt him pause and admire my semi dressed body, I wanted to wake up and slap the sense out of him but I couldn't find the energy. He then put one of his shirts on me and tied my hair up into a ponytail. Then he tucked me into bed, kissed my forehead, and walked off.

"Neal..." I murmured.

"Yes love?"

"Stay." I yawned before dozing back to sleep.

He listened and came to lap beside me; he wrapped his long muscular arm around my torso and pulled me close. I lied on his bare chest, enjoying the safety and warmth I felt while I was with him. I inhaled so much of his scent I felt like I was floating on some oddly shaped cloud in the sky. I was woken up the next morning by arguing coming from Faith and Tyler. What is up with these two? Didn't we already settle this out? Yet another déjà vu moment!

"Stop cheating!" Faith yelled.

"Its' not my fault you can't dance!" Tyler yelled back.

"I beat you four times and you decided to reset the whole game! And I can dance for your information!" 

"Hold on there wolfie! Don't you be growling at my mate like that!" Anna butted in.

What a rookie mistake!

"Stay out of this!" Denis and Amanda said simultaneously.

"But she jus-" Anna pouted.

I heard Amanda run to the bathroom and puke up God knows what. I then heard Denis run to her and caress her about it being normal and all that mamma jamma. I opened my eyes to see Neal already staring at me. Oh how I just wanted to melt in his arms right then and there but I just smiled and leaned more into him. Amanda came stomping into our room with a wide grin spread across her face, I'm so scared for whatever she is about to say.

"Sooo. Um I have my first appointment today, and I was wondering if you two love birds would like to come." She babbled on as she sat at the edge of the bed and stared at us.

"I don't think so, sorry sis but we have something planned." 

I looked up at his serious face and poked it, he looked down at me with pleading eyes for me to just play along but you know me I'm most definitely not going to do that.

"Sure we'd love to go." 

"Really? Ugh! I freaking love you so much Audrie!" She squealed as she ran out of the room in joy.

Neal shoved me off of him and got out of bed crossing his arms across his chest in the process. He was of course shirtless and once his muscles flexed when he did that I practically drooled. He paced back and forth and poked his bottom lip out, he looked too adorable!

"You never let me get away with anything!" He pouted.

"Yeah well, this would be a fun experience."

He shook his head back in forth like a little toddler.

"You're so mean!" He scowled as he stomped out of my room like a little kid.

This boy really has got some serious issues, but hey it's so cute seeing him pout like a baby.