Chapter 8

I wake up and don't move for a while. My heart felt heavy as I recalled all that happened yesterday... I sigh and hear the humans come in but I still don't move.

"Jay? Are you okay?", Miko asks. When I don't respond, I could tell she was worried. I was laying on my back, just staring at the ceiling.

"Hey, Ratchet, I think something's wrong with Jaymen", Miko calls. I hear pedesteps coming in my direction.

Soon, a pair of blue optics come into my line of sight. " Jaymen, what's wrong?" Ratchet asks. I look into his optics and his eyes immediately show understanding.

He sighs before picking me up gently and taking me to his berth room.

"It's Optimus, isn't it?" I look at him blankly and he frowns. "What did he say?"

I sigh before speaking for the first time that morning. "He said, 'I sincerely hope you are asleep when I say this but I am sorry, Jaymen. For I do not feel the same way as you do. I love someone else. Venus. Though you may act very similarly to her, you are not her'. I wanted so badly to scream at him that I am her... but I couldn't."

Ratchet hums quietly... "Jaymen he still loves Venus. Which is you. You are Venus."

I stare at him before I start crying. I couldn't hold in my feelings any longer so I just start screaming at him. "I know!! But I want him to love me for who I am now, who Primus turned me into when I was going to die!! I don't want him to love me for who I once was!!" I collapse on the berth where Ratchet had placed me. I hear him transform and soon I feel arms around me.

"Ratchet, he said I am very similar to her... why can't he love me for who I am...?", I whimper softly.

Ratchet doesn't say anything for a minute. "I believe he does love you but is afraid to admit because you are a different species and because he is worried he will be betraying Venus."

I sniff a little bit before wiping away any stray tears. "Thanks, Ratchet. I needed this."

He smiles. "Anything for my little sister."

I chuckle softly before his holoform fizzles out and he transforms. I try to keep my smile on my face but once we got to the main room, it disappeared as soon as I saw Optimus. I looked away when he looked over at us. I notice a few tears appearing in my eyes and I quickly wipe them away.

I hear some pedes come toward us and I feel myself being deposited from one servo into another. I could tell that it was Optimus' servo. I feel him moving and when I look up briefly, I could see us moving down the hall to where I knew his berthroom was. I feel more tears coming and I try to wipe them away but they wouldn't stop coming. Soon we enter Optimus' room and I was set down on something metal. I didn't look at my surroundings, I just let my hair hide my face. I hear Optimus vent before he sits down next to me. I turn my head away from him.

"I suspect you heard me last night", he begins. I don't say anything. "I truly am sorry, though I wish to know why you have... affections for me."

I sigh before looking up at him. His eyes vulnerable. I freeze at the sight, remembering the night he confessed his feeling to me, to Venus. "I've always loved you, even before I knew you. You've always been the one and I know you feel it too. I've been searching high and low to find the mech who stole my heart, to find the mech who is my light. You are the light of my world, Optimus. I only wish I could still be yours."

I just pretty much told him who I was. Before he could say anything, I jumped down from the berth, which is a height no human would be able to survive. I guess I was still like a Cybertronian even in my human form. Before I leave, I turn back and look at him. "If you can't figure it out from that, then it is your own fault."