Car Crash (chapter six)

beep......beep......beep......

Evelyn opened her eyes and stare whiteness staring back at her. "Where am I?.." She thought. She realized she was laying down on her back so with a lot of effort she sat up. Her head was pounding with pain and she felt dizzy and sore. She watched as people in scrubs walk around quickly, gathering up papers and talked in hushed voices, occasionally asking her how she was feeling, in which she would reply "My head hurts but I think I'm ok.."

She had no idea who any of these people were, she couldn't recognize anyone and she didn't know If it was because she didn't know them, or if something had happened to her head, that would also make sense as to why her head was killing her.

Finally Evelyn saw somebody she knew for sure.

"Are you ok??" Dan asked, walking over, concern etched all over his face. 

Evelyn moved over a little as Dan took a seat on the edge of her bed and took her small, soft hand in his, "I think so.. My head is killing me and I don't really know where I am, but.."

Dan gave her hand a small squeeze and frowned slightly, "You're in the hospital. You got into a car crash.."

Everything came flooding back to her, "Now I remember it all! I was going to pick up Addi and Kayla! And.." she cut off

"I know.." He said quietly. 

They sat in silence for almost a full hour. Evelyn occasionally answered a question a doctor asked them, and they did a lot of stuff and finally allowed her to leave. Dan wouldn't leave her side but she definitely wasn't complaining. She had been worried and a little on edge since she woke up and he made her feel calmer. 

She climbed carefully into the passenger side of Dan's car and buckled as he did the same thing and started the engine. He pulled out of the parking lot and drove down the road, still not saying much. 

Evelyn stared out of the window as he stepped on the gas as the light turned green. 

He glanced over at her, "Are you ok, love?" He asked

She looked over at him, "Yeah I guess.. I just haven't gotten into a car crash before. I'm just a little shaken up I suppose.."

He gave her a small frown, "I'm sorry" 

She shrugged, "It's alright. I just don't know what I'm going to do now that my car is totaled. I can't really afford to fix it or get a new one. I'll just have to get Kayla and Addi to give me rides everywhere." She gave a little laugh, Dan gave a small smile.

"I can give you rides too you know." He said 

"I might have to take you up on that offer.  Not much though because we both know that you have a really busy schedule. You're off filming a lot when I'm heading to school. But It's ok. Kayla and Addi can give me rides!" She smiled.

Dan flicked on the indicator and then made a left turn, "I'll give you rides whenever I can though. I can give you a ride on my lunch break. We mostly have our lunches at the same time so I can pick you up and we can go out for lunch together?"

"Yeah!! I never get to eat with you during school days! That'll make my whole day better!!" She smiled widely, so did he. 

"I can't wait! How about tomorrow?" He asked

"Yah!!" She said excitedly. 

Her and Dan only ate together on days where she didn't have school and work and days that Dan wasn't filming or doing interviews or red carpets. They hung out as much as they could. Three days a week at least, normally more, but it was normally in the evening when they were relaxing and getting ready to go to sleep so she was exited to get to see him during the day and go out to lunch with him. The girl knew that after going to lunch with Dan, the rest of her school day would be a lot better. Even just getting a text from Dan could lift her spirits. Something about him made her so happy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Evelyn and Dan had just finished their lunch. Dan had picked her up from campus, wearing a hoodie and some sunglasses so no one would recognize him, and then the two of them went out to lunch and ate burgers.

He was driving her back to school while she was on the phone with someone. She just hung up.

"Hey, you don't have filming right now do you?" She asked.

Dan shook his head, "Nope. I just wish you didn't have to go to school so we could do something."

Evelyn smiled, "Well, your wish is granted!!" 

He gave her a confused but exited look

She smiled, "We got the day off! The teacher that I had the rest of today had an emergency and had to leave and they couldn't get a substitute in time so we get the rest of the day off!! So we can hang out and do something!!" She smiled widely, exited.

"Are you serious?! That's amazing!! We have to do something!!"

Evelyn nodded in agreement. "Like what?"

Dan thought for a little while, "What about we go to a movie?"

Evelyn smiled. After eating a huge burger after spending all morning working hard at school a movie with her boyfriend sounded like the perfect thing they could do to relax. 

"That sounds amazing" She smiled

So Dan drove them both to the movie theater that was downtown and out of the way. Not many people went there so paparazzi weren't often there, but when they got out of his car he still put on a pair of sunglasses and pulled his hood of his hoodie up over his head. He locked his car, setting his car keys and phone in his pocket and taking Evelyn's hand in his own. The two of them walked into the small building, picked a movie to watch, bought a bucket of popcorn and a large drink to share and entered the theater, taking their seats.

Evelyn leaned her head against Dan's shoulder as he put an arm around her shoulder. The movie started and Evelyn let it sink in that this was her life now. She was dating Daniel freaking Radcliffe and they loved each other. She knew that he was different from her ex boyfriends and he would stay with her through everything. Even a car crash. 

((I hope that you guys enjoyed chapter six!! I know It wasn't much but I'm writing this in the evening and I'm kind of burned out from the days events! Please go read my new story "Deep Connection. A Tom Felton Love Story". I'm going to be trying to post a chapter for both stories a day. Hopefully more than that but at least one! Please vote!! I love you guys!!))