The Encounter (Chapter One)

Evelyn was carrying yet another box to her new apartment in London. She has a lot of boxes already in their and only a few more to carry in. The box that she was carrying was quite heavy, it was one of her boxes of books that was filled top to bottom. She couldn't really see where she was going, she was just hoping that she didn't totally biff it in front of her new neighbors. 

     Two dogs ran out in front of her but she didn't see them in time. She tripped over one, almost gained her balance then tripped over the other. 

"Ow!!" Her box hit the ground right before Evelyn did, her books spilling out everywhere. 

Evelyn closed her eyes. Her head was killing her and so was her chin.

"Oh my god!! I'm so sorry!!!" 

Evelyn saw some guy with black hair run over and kneel by her. He quickly took her by her arm and helped her to her feet. 

"Uh, thanks.." She looked at him. He had black hair that was brushed up, and piercing blue eyes. Evelyn swore she knew him from somewhere, he looked very familiar, but her head felt like it was going to crack open and bleed everywhere so she let it go without much thought. 

The familiar guy looked very concerned. "I'm so sorry! I was just picking up my dogs from my friend's apartment since he was watching them while I was on business trip and they were just really exited to be getting home! I didn't see you!"

Evelyn rubbed her head, "It's alright. Honestly! I trip and fall all the time!!" 

The black haired guy didn't seem happy with that reason. "Would you like me to take you to the hospital?"

Evelyn shook her head, "I'm ok. It isn't even swollen." She smiled at him. "Really. I'm okay"

"Well, at least let me help you pick up your books." 

They both kneeled down, The guy set the box upright and the two of them started piling her books back into it quickly.

"Thank you." Evelyn smiled at him. 

"No problem. Let me carry this inside for you. It's awfully heavy." He lifted the box with ease and waited for her to show him to her apartment. 

Evelyn stood and walked up the last few steps, turned left and walked into her apartment. She went through the living room, past the kitchen which was on the right and through the hallway. She turned right at the bathroom which was at the end, and once she was at the end of that hallway there were two bedrooms. The one on the right was hers and the one on the left belonged to her roommate,  Addison, who was also her best friend since they were like five. 

She headed into her room and over to the bookcase in the far corner by a window. 

"You can just set the box down on the floor here. I need to put them on this shelf but they have an order, so they can wait 'till later"

The guy picked up the book on top. 

"I loved filming these two movies. We just finished"

Evelyn looked down at the book he was holding. It was "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"

"You were in--?" She froze. 

Then it hit her. This man. This man standing right in front of her, was Daniel Radcliffe.

"Oh my god!!! You're Daniel Radcliffe!!" 

He laughed. "Yeah that'd be me. Did you not notice me without the glasses?" He laughed again.

Evelyn smiled widely. "I-I don't even know!! I can't believe that you're in my~ bedroom!"

He smiled adorably. "And what's you're name?" 

Evelyn smiled, "I'm Evelyn Chamberlin!" She smiled brightly. 

He smiled once again, "Well you're very gorgeous."

Evelyn smiled, her heart racing. She had had a crush on Daniel Radcliffe since she watched the very first Harry Potter movie, and the feeling never left her. 

"Do you live here alone?" 

Evelyn shook her head, "No, my best friend Addison is living here with me. In that room" She pointed across the hallway to the closed door. "She's moving her stuff in tomorrow. And our other best friend Kayla is probably going to be here everyday, she always stayed with one of us when we lived at home, so now that we have a place for just us I doubt that we'll ever be able to get her to leave. Sorry.....I'm rambling.." She said quickly.

Dan smiled, "Don't be sorry. I like hearing you talk. You're really nice. Most of the girls I meet just want to talk about me or my cars, house or money." He rolled his eyes. "But you're different. You actually talk about yourself. I never get to hear anything about anyone else, it's different and I like it." He smiled. 

"Well I'm glad that you like to hear me ramble on about myself. My friends find it annoying." 

They both laughed. 

"You're really nice, Evelyn." Dan said, "Would you like to meet up again sometime? For lunch perhaps? So I can hear you ramble on about yourself some more?"

"Daniel Flipping Radcliffe wants to hang out with me." Evelyn thought. "Of course!" She laughed, I have a lot to ramble on about, trust me, you'll get annoyed!"

He laughed, "I doubt it but we'll see, ay?" 

Evelyn nodded and the two of them walked out into the living room.

"I guess I should introduce you to the dogs who almost gave you a concussion huh??" He said as he looked outside and saw his dogs. 

"C'mere!!" He called out of the door. He took a step back and waited a moment.

Two Border Terriers ran inside, their tongues lolling out of their mouths in a goofy fashion. They sat at Dan's feet, panting hard.

"This is Nugget and this is Binka" He said, pointing to each one in turn. 

"They're so cute!" Evelyn squealed. She kneeled to the ground and the dogs instantly ran over.

She pet them happily, ruffling their fur up, making Dan smile.

"We'd better get going. They're exited to go home and I like it when they're happy. I also have unpacking to do."

Evelyn stood, "Alright. Well I'll see you some other time?"

Dan took a piece of paper out of his pocket and wrote a few numbers on it. "Here's my number." He smiled.

Evelyn ripped a blank piece off, wrote her number on it and gave it to him. "And here's mine." She smiled.

He pocketed it and ushered his dogs outside. "I'll call you." He smiled, "Oh! And my friend lives two apartments down, don't be afraid to bother him, he has nothing better to do with his life. Tell him I sent you." Dan smiled.

"I might take that offer!" Evelyn smiled. "Well, I'll see you later!"

Dan nodded, "Bye for now Evelyn."

"Bye Dan"

Evelyn watched him get his dogs in his car, get in the drivers seat and pull out. 

"Oh my god. This is the best day of my entire life!!" Evelyn squealed before taking a deep breath, composing herself and walking back outside to get the rest of her possessions from the moving van.

(I hope that you guys enjoyed the first chapter! I'm going to start chapter two right now!! Please vote and stay updated!! Thank you for reading ! Love you!!)