The Question (Chapter four)

Evelyn finished up her Chinese food that she was eating with Dan at her apartment. Addi and Kayla went out for drinks and karaoke, leaving the apartment to Evelyn. The girls thought that she was going to be staying home alone, but Evelyn took the chance that she had to invite Dan over for dinner. She stood and throwed her empty box away in the bin, followed by Dan. She stretched and returned to the dance where the two of them were watching a game show. 

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" She asked him as he sat down next to her

He stretched and drew his attention from the show and focused it on Evelyn. "I'm going to lunch with Tom, Emma, Rupert and Matt at 12, at 3 I have an interview, and at 5 I'm taking my dogs on a walk"

Evelyn smiled, "wow, you really are organized huh?"

"Well what are you doing?" He asked her

"Uh.. well..", Evelyn tried to say it the same way that Dan did, "At 8 I'll wake up and get ready and eat and stuff, at 12 I'll be at work, at 4 I get off work and go to the shop to get necessities, and at 5 I'll go home, unpack groceries, clean the rooms and eat and watch tv.." She bit her lip "And that's about it.. your life is a lot more interesting than mine."

He shrugged, "Your life sounds pretty nice to me. I'd love a nice calm day for once, Hopefully I'll be getting one soon. Maybe we could spend it together?"

Evelyn nodded, "That'd be nice! Maybe we could go to the beach or something?"

"It's a date!" He grinned

Evelyn's heart raced a little when he said A date. "Oh don't think of it like that.",  She thought, "You know what he meant. You guys are just friends. Face it."  

"Yep!" She smiled and then turned her attention back to the TV show. 

"I should be going" Dan said when the show finally ended. 

"Awh", she pouted, "Okay.."

Dan stood and stretched, "I'll talk to you tomorrow yeah? I'll call you at about 4:45?"

"Okie dokie!!" Evelyn smiled.

She stood and gave Dan a hug, he hugged her back. "Talk tomorrow then, Dan!" She pulled away

Dan opened his mouth a little as if he was going to say something, or maybe ask her a question.

Evelyn tilted her head and waited for him to say whatever it was that he needed to say.

Dan closed his mouth, opened it, and then closed it once more, bringing a hand up and running it through his black locks. 

"I'll see you later Ev." He said, quickly leaving before she could question him.

"That was weird..."  Evelyn thought as she shut her door behind him, "He definitely wanted to say something.. did I do something wrong to make him not want to say it?..."  She frowned. "I'll ask him tomorrow when he calls"  She thought, placing herself back on the couch and switching the channel to a talk show.

She stood and walked to the kitchen, unloading the dishwasher and then starting to wash the dishes that had piled up in the sink over the last few days. 

Once she had finished cleaning dishes, showered and changed into pajamas she sat on the couch as a slightly tipsy Addi walked in, holding up Kayla who was looking half asleep. 

"Hey. Have fun?" 

Addi nodded, letting Evelyn stand and help her set Kayla down on the couch where she instantly passed out completely.