Final Chapter: Family

After running out of Sakura House, I didn't really know what to do. What does everyone think of me now? I was afraid this would happen. As I walked around town, I soon found myself by the river, this was starting to seem very familiar; I took my shoes and socks off and soaked my feet, it felt great. As I sat there thinking, a familiar voice came from behind me.

        "Well then, this is a surprise. How ya doin' sonny?" It was the old man from before! the one who gave me my powers.

        "Old man? What are you doing here?" I asked.

        "It seems you are in another pickle."

        "Yeah...it seems no matter where I go, things go south for me...Everyone at Sakura House probably don't trust me anymore...I'm nothing but a creep..."

        I then felt a hard, blunt pain strike my head!

        "OW!!!" I shouted.

        "Listen sonny, I know a lot of things about a lot of people, and let me just say: the things that happened in your past with those old friends of yours, you did nothing wrong. Sure, some things were bad, but many others were just the result of you doing the right thing, but them not accepting your help. They took your good will the wrong way, thinking you were only doing them for yourself, but this is not the case, you are a good natured lad. Don't let anyone try to change your mind. Fallow your heart, and you'll never be led astray."

        "You're right...thank you." I teared up.

        "It's not a problem. Now tell me, what does your heart say?" he asked.

        "That I should go back to Sakura House!" I smiled.

        "Good! Do that, I'm sure everyone is worried about you."

        "You really think so?" I turned to look at the old man, but he was gone, but I did see one person, it was Tenma-san. "Why are you here?" I asked confused but not upset.

        Tenma-san sat down next to me. "Listen...I came here to tell you...that I'm sorry."

        "Really? You aren't just here to insult or ridicule me?" I said sarcastically.

        "Hey! I have every right to apologize for what I've done! Besides...to be honest, you and I are a lot alike..." she looked down.

        "How so?" I was really curious.

        "Well for starters, my younger sister and I, we aren't from Otomaki like everyone else, we came here from Tokyo. I'm sure Shiro told you part of why we came to live at Sakura House."

        "Yeah, she said something about your house exploding."

        "Yeah, well that was her reason, I just came with her because she needed me. But my reason for coming here closely resembles yours, except with one major difference...back in high school, I was really well known for getting into fights around town, I was a very quick tempered person. I even took down an entire bike gang on my own."

        "Yikes...that explains how you were able to punch a hole in the floor of the changing room."

        "Yeah...anyway, even though I was like that, I still had good friends, but after graduating, my friends wanted nothing to do with me, saying that if people knew we were friends, they wouldn't be able to get good jobs, they basically threw me away, treating me like some kinda monster. So after Shiro's invention blew up part of our house, I took that as an opportunity to leave Tokyo for good and start my life over in this small town."