HORROR SPECIAL #1: Love, Sally

There was a girl named Sally, she was the prettiest girl on campus and basically the sorority Queen. She wore a pink fur coat and wore tons and tons of pearls; pearl necklace, hair pins, and she even glued tiny pearls on either her nose bridge or cheekbones. Pearls didn't represent her, she represented pearls.

Occasionally, Sally would even model. Her fashion designer father once designed a collection that had pearls as its main design. Just as one would automatically assume, this was soon to be known as the Sally collection.

Girls would go to Sally for fashion advice. She set the trend for not just the sorority girls but for more throughout campus. The treatment she got was almost comparable to how you'd treat a celebrity or a goddess. Nobody comprehended why she'd even continue going to university. She's living the life.

Though, she's definitely not going to university now.

Because she's dead. She repeatedly smashed her glammed up face on her sorority room's bathroom mirror, eventually cutting her neck to a glass shard.

Speculations suggest she was threatened by the rising popularity of another girl; others said her father molested her; or that she was gay and couldn't come out. Nevertheless, she didn't leave any explanation. Her friends and sorority sisters never actually figured her out even in her life. She was always ashamed of something; and knowing that she was famous, she ensured whatever it was should never come out. Her friends and followers always wanted to be like her; she didn't want that to change.

One midnight, a young fan sneaked into the crime scene, having to break the window in the process. She felt ecstatic; she didn't just manage to sneak into a sorority house or a crime scene, but the very bathroom where Sally had killed herself. It was dark, a mess, and it especially reeked.

People said there were still pearls scattered in the corners of the bathroom. The freshman--being a follower of Sally--trespassed into the bathroom to find a souvenir. She was hoping for a precious pearl.

There were police tapes, markers, and all that. Although, the obsessed fan was most captivated by the chalk outline right below the sink. She gazed over the blood stains, bloody hand prints on the wall by the sides of the shattered oval mirror. Suddenly, she slipped and held on the bloody sink to stay stood.

With her hand all bloody, she looked over to the bathtub. They said she contemplated in the tub, or she just lost it while having a bath. She went over to the dripping faucet of the tub. As she washed off the blood, her eyes moved to a pink bath bomb sat quietly on a tray.

She left the faucet running, and found herself taking the bath bomb. Not knowing that the drain was clogged, water soon filled the tub. She smiled to herself and thought, fuck it. She dropped the bath bomb in the tub and it bubbled.

However, her smile soon evaporated and her face dropped when the water turned red. It looked thicker and it was soon purely red. Blood red.

She hastily turned the faucet off and her brows furrowed at the view. In her peripheral vision she saw something shimmer. Turning to it, she was met with her own distorted reflection. She moved closer, stepping on where Sally once laid dead.

Another glimmer caught her attention but it was just right on the drain of the sink. Looking down and smiling once again, she tried to take it. She struggled for the pearl fit almost perfectly into the hole of the drain.

Soon enough, the pearl fell and the girl grunted to herself. She lifted her chin and sighed at her clear reflection on the mirror. She muttered in awe to herself as the smooth mirror was looking her right at the face.

Blinking rapidly, her jaw slowly dropped. She felt her blood heat up, but at the same time a cold breeze enveloped her. She swallowed and stared wide-eyed at herself on the mirror.

The air creeped into her shirt and soon she felt something cold travel down the skin covering her spine. It felt like a tiny ball... a pearl.

A sudden pull on her scalp stopped any future movements from her, and her face came flying into the mirror. Screaming in both pain and fear, she gasped for breath. Again, her face cannoned into the now shattered mirror. Her bleeding face not giving the mirror a break.

With her salty tears mixing with the dripping blood, she placed her hands on the walls in either side and tried to push herself. She bellowed and bellowed but nobody came to her aid.

The following morning, her body was found lifeless in the bathroom, below the sink and perfectly placed inside Sally's chalk outline.

⠀•°•°•°