⠀ CASE NO. 4: The Incident at the Rave (pt. 2)

"What the fuck is this..."

"What's going on? Someone please..."

"Killer? A killer!?. "

"Come on, get me out of here!"

Everyone is evidently still trying to find a way to understand and cope with the current hostage situation.

"Cal, what do we do?" Still crouching down, his girlfriend clinged onto his arm and with a clear look of terror displayed on her face.

"I... I don't know, Lisa... Let's ask the guards," he declared without a second thought and stood up, but she pulled him back down.

"Are you crazy? Didn't you see they shot those people?" she whisper-shouted, gripping hard on his sleeve.

"I know, but the killer did say that we can ask the guards, so let me go, please?" he reassured her. With a few heavy breaths, she finally let him go. She kept an eye on him and how it would go. She didn't know what to expect, but she was hoping for absolutely anything to ease the situation.

"There's just fifty-five minutes remaining on the clock, guys!" a young man with a big voice announced, anxiety and desperation clear.

Lisa looked at the young man and began to tear up. She bit her lips in anticipation. Will Cal be able to do anything?

Meanwhile, Cal finally approached one of the guards and asked for who this 'The One' is but got nothing from the guard. He tried to change it up and asked whether 'The One' was male or female... but still got no response.

"Okay," Cal started again. "How would we know that whoever got out... was already... The One?" he asked, expecting this one to finally garner an answer.

And it was answered alright, but by another civilian who just happened to overhear. "Then their partner wouldn't be shot in the head, don't you get it, dickhead?" a woman sat at the bar said as she drank some more of her drink.

Cal furrowed his brows at her nonchalance and returned to the guard. "Well, if that happens... and The One is out, how will we be let free?"

The guard's lips opened and Cal's eyes lit up. "The doors shall unlock, then I and the rest of the guards shall escort you all out." And just as the guard finished saying, a man asked to be let out whilst his partner, a woman, shouted profanities at him.

The same procedure as before took place. Only this time, the woman tried to run. Tried.

Cal came from hearing a faint voice of a man pleading to be let out... to a woman desperately trying to run away from the guard... in a blink of an eye. Lisa dashed to him for safety.

The pursued woman didn't have long before she was shot in the neck. Cal tucked Lisa's face away from the sight. Everyone else was running aimlessly, crying and shouting for someone at the top of their lungs. The woman was eventually shot in the head for good.

A girl in piercing neon shrieked, "GOD! SOMEONE LET ME OUT OF HERE!"

"GUYS!" the same young man as before yelled out. "Forty-seven minutes remai--!"

"WE GET IT, TIMER BOY! There's a big ass timer right there!" a middle-aged man shouted.

The young man, now dubbed as timer boy, retaliated, "Well, if you's would stop ignoring it and actually do something!"

The girl in neon shouted once again, "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!"

The woman at the bar smashed her bottle to the ground and so reaped most of everyone's attention. "Well, if you lot would just stop screaming and actually tried to think of something to do, then you'd be getting somewhere!"