• My Blonde Ballerina •

"I don't know, Harry. Maybe it's just you. I don't think Malfoy is acting any differently than usual. He's still a slimy git." Ron shrugged, taking a big gulp of pumpkin juice. He, Harry, and Hermione were currently at breakfast talking about one of Harry's obsessive stalker phases over Draco again.

"No, you don't understand. I saw him walking into the Room of Requirement and he didn't come out for three hours. Not to mention that he's been spending a lot of time at the Great Lake recently, and he doesn't come back in until curfew. He's up to something." Harry let his eyes roam over the Slytherin table until they fixated on the blonde in question. "Do you think he's dating someone? In secret? It would make sense. Maybe I should spy on him."

Ron looked at Harry with a mixture of concern and curiosity. "I don't think that's your best idea, mate. But 'Mione and I won't stop you." He gave a firm pat on Harry's back and stood up. "We better leave for potions unless we want to be late, right Hermione?"

Hermione, just now joining the conversation, closed her book and stood up. "Correct, Ronald." She smiled at him and took his hand. Harry waved at the pair as they walk ahead, he was happy they had finally started dating. He knew they belonged together after everything that had happened years prior.

Harry sat for a moment longer, deciding what would be best to do. Obviously, he should spy on Draco, shouldn't he? Just to make sure he isn't up to any death eater stuff or anything, right? The war was over so what could Draco possibly be up to? With a curt nod, Harry stood from his seat and walked out of the Great Hall to his first lesson, preparing himself to stalk the blonde after classes.

If you were to tell Harry that his lessons would be long today, that would be a lie. They were excruciatingly long and Harry could barely manage to stay awake through them all! He let a long drawn out sigh escape him as he walked back to Gryffindor Tower. As he made his way to the dorm, he quickly pulled out the map and checked to see where Draco was.

"Walking to the Room of Requirement? I guess that's the choice for today." Harry grabbed his invisibility cloak and quickly dashed out before he had to stop to speak with anyone. He was determined to find out what Draco was up to, he was going to make sure it was nothing dangerous.

As he drew closer to the room, he threw on the cloak and cast a few silencing charms, hoping to make the least amount of noise necessary. Harry watched every step he took, being as careful as he possible, and waited for Draco to arrive and go into the room so he could slip in.

Draco paced until the door appeared, he checked to make sure no one was following him and walked in quickly. Harry barely managed to get through the door in time before it shut. He looked at the room in confusion but sat in the corner, knowing he wouldn't leave anytime soon.

A long mirror placed itself against three walls, a few bars that dancers use to warm up were also set up like the mirror around the walls, and the floor was a type of sturdy material that Harry had never really seen before. The brunette was confused as to why the room brought this to Draco, but he stayed seated in his spot.

Draco was completely oblivious to the unwanted guest he had acquired on his way to the Room of Requirement. He hadn't realized anyone had been following him, so he did what he normally did. He got his ballet shoes out and put them on, lacing them appropriately. He then walked to one of the bars and did some warm-ups to get relaxed and stretched so he wouldn't hurt himself.

Draco sighed as he finished his last stretch, humming as he stood back up. "What to dance to... what to dance to.." He mumbled to himself as he flipped through the songs in his head. As he finally chose one of the classics, he began dancing immediately as the music filled the room. His moves were graceful and perfected like he had done ballet for years.

Harry's breath caught in his throat as Draco danced in front of him. He could see every emotion the blonde was pouring into the dance. The hatred, sadness, anger, and most importantly, the loneliness. He knew he had intruded on something very personal and felt guilty, but he found himself relaxing as he watched on.

Draco put Harry in a trance and kept his attention even as he transitioned into a different dance with different music. As the blonde drew to a close many dances later, letting himself collapse on the floor, he breathed heavily and stretched out like a starfish on his back. After he caught his breath, he slipped off his shoes, changed them, and neatly packed his things away for next time.

Harry stayed rooted to the ground and watched as Draco wiped the sweat droplets away from his face. He never thought he'd see the day that Draco allowed himself to be open and vulnerable, even if he hadn't known Harry was there.

Draco took a deep breath and willed his way out of the room. "Tomorrow." He whispered as he let the door close behind him, leaving Harry alone in the room. He had never been so shocked about anything Draco had done before but now was different.

After a few minutes, Harry collected himself and stood up, popping his aching muscles. He grabbed the cloak and walked out, making his way down the empty corridor. Thoughts were filling his mind so quickly, that he hadn't realized he bumped into Draco.

"Watch it, Potter." Draco spat, but there was no bite or hatred behind it, just a meaningless statement. Harry only bowed his head and walked past the blonde ballerina, scared he'd slip up and say something he shouldn't.

This stalking behavior continued for days, and days eventually progressed into weeks. Harry knew it was wrong to spy on something so private, but he couldn't help himself. Every day after lessons, he'd follow wherever Draco went and sit there for hours, watching him. His favorite so far was when Draco froze the top layer of the lake for a bit and skated and danced until it got too dark and too cold to continue.

'This is the last one.' Harry found himself thinking this a lot as he went to watch the blonde ballerina, but today he meant it. Here they were, in the room of requirement again, and Draco had picked a completely new song that he hadn't done before, a waltzing song.

"I can't dance without a partner." Draco stood in front of Harry, he had figured out the brunette's hiding spot one day when he was a bit too loud sneaking in, and offered out his hand. "Will you dance with me, Harry? I know you've been watching me for ages now."

Harry let the invisibility cloak fall off of him as Draco removed it. "You aren't mad?" He asked, scared and hesitantly, as he took Draco's hand. Ever since he'd seen the blonde move, he's been having questionable thoughts and dreams. Only days ago, he had come to the conclusion that he was crushing hard on the ballerina.

Draco pulled Harry close, positioning them so Harry would be the male lead. "At first I was, it's really rude to spy on someone like that. But, after a while, I grew to like the fact that you kept coming back. It means at least someone besides myself enjoys my dancing."

They began waltzing around the room, spinning and twirling every way that Draco wanted. Harry kept up with the blonde as much as he could, not wanting to ruin the moment. Neither of them spoke as Harry dipped Draco as the song came to a close.

Once Draco was on his feet, he and Harry were so close together that their breaths mingled. "Stay. Dance with me more." Draco glanced at Harry's eyes and then his lips. "I want you to dance with me. Let me share this with you, we both need a distraction from the real world."

Harry's heart was hammering in his chest, he couldn't believe what Draco was asking for. "You're sure?" He pulled the blonde closer, tightening his grip around Draco's waist. A faint 'yes' echoed in the big spacious room, and that's all Harry needed before he kissed Draco with everything in his being.

That was the day the two so-called enemies became lovers. That was the day that Draco Malfoy became Harry Potter's own personal "Blonde Ballerina" in more ways than one. Their dancing rendezvous stayed as their secret, a special place just for them to escape when they needed to. To the world, they have their titles, but to them, they have each other, and that's all they'll ever need.