You Don't Know Me 2

Theme song for this story: Boston by Augustana

You Don't Know Me

Chapter Two

Mr. Zaownsky (A/n: pronounced Za-Own-Ski) kept on rambling about algebra but, I wasn't paying attention. He warned me that if I ever acted out like that again, there would be consequences. So, as a mental note, I've vowed to stay out of the guy's way. As I sat at my desk  and scribbled, a hand made it's way over my paper. 

I looked up to see a guy with jet black hair and electrifying blue eyes. His face was tan, well defined, and his jaw was dominant. I had an urge to run my finger across it but resisted - he'd probably think I'm weird.  My eyes roamed back to his face, where a smile was being displayed and exposed bright white teeth. 

"Well that's a normal reaction."a sultry smooth voice said jerking me away from my thoughts. 

"Excuse me?" I asked.  

"You should have taken a picture." The same voice replied. I looked back to the face and now realized the "smile" I had seen earlier was actually a smirk and it didn't take long for me to piece together who this guy was.  

"I only take pictures of important things." I admitted. 

"And what am I?"he requested. Boy, did he set himself up for this one 

. "You are a egotistical player." I pointed out.  

"Way to judge someone on their looks."He said smugly. 

"Oh no. I didn't judge you on your looks. I judged you on your remarks." I indicated. His expression tweaked just a bit and then he sighed. 

"Well anyway, You are my partner. So looks like you will have to put up with this 'egotistical player', as you so nicely put it. Oh, and bravo on standing up to Mr. Z." He smirked. What? Partner? My genius answer was, "Huh?"  

"Yep. You. Are. MY. Part-ner." He responded slowly. 

"Why? How? When was this decision even made?" I exclaimed.  

"You really weren't paying attention to the teacher?," I shook my head and he continued, " We have to be partners for a project." I gestured my hand telling him to keep explaining what exactly the project was.  

"You don't even know about the project?" he scoffed. I squinted my eyes at this, hopefully he got the meaning. "We have to create a presentation using equations that we made about people in our family. Basically, we have to add brothers plus sisters, then multiply by the total amount of noses and so on. Here's the paper that shows the exact way to add, subtract, and all that stuff." He finished lamely.  

"Oh." I commented, thinking about the project in detail. Before he could reply the bell rang signaling the end of the class. I rushed out of the room and into the hall on my new search for my English class.

"Hey! Wait up!"A newly familiar voice rang out. I turned to him and he stopped in front of me. 

"Yeah?"  

"Well I need your number so we can do the project..." He asked like it was the most obvious thing in the world; well it kind of was but, I wasn't going to tell him that.  

"Okay. I guess." I took out my marker and wrote it on his notebook. He turned to leave but I stopped him. "Don't give that to anyone." 

"I won't. I promise." He shrugged. Maybe, we would be friends. I wasn't too sure but I was sure that the girl down the hall that was giving me a death glare, wouldn't be my friend anytime soon. I kept a quick pace towards the end of the hall and seen my awaiting classroom a few feet ahead.

"Ahem." a girl's voice called.  

I looked around to the now thinning population, and wondered if she was talking to me.

"Yes?" I answered unsure. 

"Listen, whoever you are, I better not catch you talking to Sebastian again. Understand?" She sneered. 

"Who's Sebastian?" I questioned.  

"Whatever, you can pull that card. I seen you talking to him like four seconds ago." She argued.

"Pull what card? What the hell are you talking about? The guy I talked to in the hall? He's my project partner. I didn't even know his name until now." I began, I drew in a breath and started to walk but looked back and added, " And believe me, I don't want anything to do with your boy toy."  

I heard her mutter something along the lines of" You sweat a lot in your life I can tell," or "You better not or your life will be hell."  I chose the latter. What she didn't know that my life was already hell. I practically lived in hell but, she wouldn't know that. Her meager worries were nothing compared to mine. While she worried about outfits and nail polish, I worried about surviving another day.

 Alone and by myself because the only people who I had, were now forever gone.

I stood near the teacher's desk waiting for her arrival.  I wasn't sure if there were assigned seating in this class, and I figured it'd be better to introduce myself now. Soon enough a tall, thin woman mid thirties walked in.  

"Hello, and may I ask who you are young lady?" her voice was gentle and kind. She reminded me of my mother, except she had black hair. She looked familiar. She looked at me expectantly.  

"Yes, I'm Maddie Taylor. I'm new." Looks like that's my new saying. I mentally chuckled at my thoughts. 

"It's a pleasure meeting you Maddie. I'm Mrs. Haywood, your english instructor for the year!"  Her smile made me feel better about my day instantly.

"You too, Mrs. Haywood." I said politely. 

"Please call me Sasha, Mrs. Haywood makes me feel old." She laughed.  

"Okay Sasha." I emphasized her name.  

She smiled and showed me where I should sit. I think that she likes me and you know what I like her too. I feel a great friendship budding. What am I talking about? She's my teacher. I don't even care. I am going to have a great friendship with Sasha. My english teacher but, that's not important.