Eight

Eight

He felt something cold dribbling down his neck... it seeped through the sheet and drenched him as it seeped through his clothes. He suddenly felt a shudder roll down his spine.

He awoke with a start. He didn't realise he had screamed. All he could hear was laughing. He wasn't wearing his glasses - everything was blurry. However, at this minute he didn't need them to know that James was hovering over his four poster, holding something he couldn't decipher. Sirius was alongside him, and both of them were howling with laughter.

Harry reached over to his left for his glasses, which he located and jammed on his face, desperate to be able to see the picture.

What James had done finally came to him.

And he had never felt so annoyed in his life.

Ron would never do that. Well... the point was, he had never done it before. Dudley probably would, but Harry would not have stood for that. He would have Dudley up a tree... on the roof... or maybe even wrapped around one of the swings in the park. That would have been a sight to see...

It was amazing what you could do with magic.

"What the - What are you two doing?"

James attempted to hide the bucket behind his back, but Remus saw it anyway.

Remus' mouth was on the floor. "Seriously?! You've begun torturing him before classes have even started! Are you mental?!"

"No," James said, he was chuckling through his teeth. "We're just welcoming him to the group. Initiation."

Remus was not amused.

He scoffed. "I wouldn't be surprised if he hates your guts now. I certainly would."

"Oh, come on, Moony," Sirius said, puppy dog eyes on the scene. "It was only a bit of fun..."

"Fun to you, maybe!" Remus retorted. He then turned to Harry, and there was something of pity in his eyes. "Are you alright? I'm really sorry about them..." He walked over to Harry's bed and leaned on one of the posts.

"It's... fine." Harry sighed. "At least I don't have to shower today..."

Remus gave him a sympathetic look. Harry pulled the sopping sheets off him and climbed out of bed. He began ringing his clothes out just as James and Sirius began laughing their heads off again.

Harry paid them no attention. He wasn't going to give them the satisfaction. But how was he going to get through the day with wet clothes? Unless he put them on the radiator...

"Hey, Harry?" Snicker. "I think you might need some dry clothes."

Harry's face contorted in irritation and red spots obscured his already deteriorated vision. Well, that much was obvious. Clearly whoever had said that was mocking him, and this did not improve his mood in the slightest. If they were going to purposely infuriate him, at least wait until later, when he hadn't have just been drenched with a bucket of water.

Remus rolled his eyes, "Well, in any case - I have a spare robe if you... you know... need it."

Harry mumbled through clenched teeth. "Thanks."

"And a house elf must have come up last night with a new uniform for you, but I think those two hid it."

Harry didn't even bother to raise an eyebrow. It certainly sounded like them. He only nodded half-heartedly, the rest of his emotions had been taken over by anger.

After a second, Remus finished, "I'll tell you what, I'll find it for you - I think I have an idea of where they put it... and we'll prank them later?"