One

One

The battle was in full rage. Spells were flying around the chamber, bouncing off walls and in some rare cases, actually hitting people.

It was obvious that Death Eaters didn't really have much aim.

The Death Chamber was a cacophony of spells being shouted and shooting right past his ear in every direction. It didn't help that he had his own job battling a Death Eater and that the battle right in the middle of the room, on the dais, where they were at was practically the centre of attention to all, and when a Death Eaters were not fighting a member of the Order of the Phoenix, their sole concern was getting to him.

And preferably killing him.

How Harry got himself into this situation was a mystery. He remembered seeing Sirius being tortured... his determination to save him... his dragging his friends to London, and now they were in the very bowels of the Ministry of Magic, Harry having been tricked and now feeling utterly foolish at the simple prospect that he hadn't considered that it might have been a hoax, a lure.

And now him and Sirius were battling the two most skilled, infamous, and irritating Death Eaters in the world.

He began dodging all the lethal spells, but a strong cutting curse barely grazed his arm, and he gritted his teeth and almost swore in pain; crimson blood trickling down his forearm. He narrowed his eyes angrily at Lucius Malfoy, who was laughing maliciously.

He took advantage of Malfoy's sudden distraction and shot a hurling hex, which he barely had time to dodge.

Harry gritted his teeth, this time in frustration, and as his godfather did the same, they both shouted different spells in unison.

"Stupefy!" Sirius screamed.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry bellowed.

Bellatrix Lestrange sidestepped Sirius' stunning spell. Lucius Malfoy was caught off guard, however, and Harry's disarming spell blasted his wand out of his hand.

A kind of evil smirk graced Harry's face, and for once, Lucius Malfoy looked scared. Harry, realising his mistake before of being simply too slow, immediately took advantage of a wandless Malfoy, and thrusted his wand from side to side, casting curses in quick succession.

Malfoy dodged a few, but not all of them, of course, and was hit by a babbling, leg-locker and conjunctivitus curse. He instantly began babbling nonsense words, and then he threw his arms out, trying not to fall over, and as soon as the last curse hit him, he screamed and covered his eyes with his hands, hopping around like a mad idiot, until he fell on his back with a resounding crash. Harry almost laughed out loud at the sight, but the context of the battle finally came back to him and he shouted "Impedimenta!"

To Harry's utter surprise Malfoy was blasted off of the dais and smacked into the opposite wall. He slid down it, clearly unconscious with a gush of blood spreading from his forehead. Harry personally didn't think it was possible for somebody to be thrown that far.

Recently, Harry had been putting a lot more power into his spells, which now he found very useful. Ever since the DA (Dumbledore's Army) had been caught out by Umbridge, he had gotten much more frustrated with the conscience that he still hadn't trained enough for the war that was surely upon the Wizarding World by now. The Death Eaters coming after them, the reformation of the Order of the Phoenix after fourteen years and the Prophecy that had just smashed only confirmed that.

The contents of the prophecy still rung in Harry's ears as he subconsciously battled another, less experienced Death Eater;

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."