Chapter 17

My mouth dropped open and my mind turned to mush. "W-what do you mean?" , I asked trying not to stutter. My Dad looked at me and smiled, "Go get some rest" , he said with a warm smile, 'I will send Beth in in a minute to check if you have a fever". I smiled remembering Beth. I ran back to my room and laid down on my uncomfortable bed.

It took about twenty minutes for Beth to come in. She smiled and sat on the edge of my bed. "Morning" , she said motonied me to come to her. I scooted over to her and leaned in to kiss her. She slapped me in the face , "What are you doing?" , she yelled then stood up. "I- uh.." , I stood up beside her and remembered none of the romance between me and her never happened. "I have a boyfriend!" , she spat at me and walked out of the room. I raced after her and stood in front of her. " Carl I liked you a long time ago and now Im taken and today Nick asked me to marry him" , she said then pushed me to the side and kept walking.

"You dont love me anymore?" , I asked then a tear fell down my cheek. She looked at me and shrugged , "I have no idea what you are talking about..". She walked over to me and grabbed my hand. She lead me back to my room and made me lay down. "Get some rest" , she said then walked out.