Chapter eight

*Beth's P.O.V*

When Maggie opened the door a walker swung at her. I responded quick by pushing a knife threw his head. I felt so mad this walker could have killed my sister. After it was dead I threw it to the ground and started smashing his head. I was so upset everyone I know is gone and im not losing anyone else! Maggie looked at me and nodded her head. We walked and walked until we reached the train tracks.

"I saw carl go this way" I said pointing off.

She nodded her head and started walking. We really didn't talk as much as I had planned to. She just stood there constantly looking behind her shoulder. I wiped my forehead with my hand then sat down in the middle of the train tracks.

"Beth what are you doing?" She asked reluctantly.

I looked up at her then spoke, "Im just really tired you know"

She  stuck her hand out to help me up, "We can rest when it gets darker" She said.

I grabbed her hand and she lifted me up. She smiled at me and I laughed. I have no idea why im in such a great mood. I had just lost the boy I cared for.

*Carl's P.O.V.*

I had to basically carry my dad. His bones were weak. He even told me he had no reason to live anymore. I kept thinking about my mom Lori. Did I really kill her? A tear ran down my face. I guess my dad noticed it because he wiped it away.  I looked up the sky because it was getting dark. 'Dad I think we should camp here". He nodded his head and sat down.  I looked up and realized this is the spot were I had left beth. Memories started flooding back. I told my dad I would be right back. I started walking to the building. When I went all the way up to the fourth floor no one was there. I turned to walk back down but a tall man with red hair and a red beard stopped me.

"Uh..who are you" I asked trembling with fear.

"Im Abraham Ford" He said with a evil grin.