first.

To Cas:

Okay so hello. I’m not good with like writing to people, so you’ll have to forgive the fact that I just don’t know what I’m doing right now. So, your name is Cas, right? I think that’s what your dad told me it was. I don’t remember. I’m still pissed off he’s making me do this as my senior project.

I mean, I barely know you, I tried to get out of the first one by telling him how stupid it was to try and write a five page essay using one word to describe all four years of high school (I’ll just staple it onto this one so you can see). He’s making me write to you about high school, instead of an essay. So as a heads up, you’ll be seeing random letters in your locker throughout the rest of the semester. Don’t get freaked out about it though, I’m not your secret admirer or anything, so don’t even being to think that.

Anyway I don’t want to waste my time or yours by ranting about shit that doesn’t matter, so here’s with my story.

So, I guess I’ll start off with the summer before my freshman year. My little sister and I had a strained relationship with our mom, and it was getting stressful for the three of us. So, we decided it would be best if Hikari and I moved to the city our older sisters and our dad lived in. That city just so happened to be the small, itty bitty, close-knit town of fucking Mercury, Georgia.

That’s how a lot of these kinds of stories start, don’t they? With a new start. Someone moving somewhere or even someone simply making a change, like changing the way one would act, or changing the way you act because you’ve come to some sort of psychological truth that’s forced you to change the way that you think about every little thing in the entire universe. Yeah that’s how most clichéd stories starts.

But I mean, everything’s cliché now. Someone goes, “Oh she likes him? That’s so cliché” and nobody is ever original. And when we do find something original, we either accept it and exploit it for everything it’s worth before throwing it out to the dogs, or we just scream “fuck you” to it’s face and wait for another version of the same thing to come out later.

My life is a cliché, just another version of the average “fucked up teenager” story that people seem to love nowadays. My life is basically a rip off of stories like “Fault in Our Stars” (with out the cancer), and “Perks of Being a Wallflower” (with more gayness), or even something as simple as “High School Musical” with out the singing and dancing, but with all the falling in love and finding out “your true destiny” or whatever. So, my life, and the story I will tell, is practically something that you’ve heard of a million times before, and I am sorry for that.

Anyway, my dad kept telling Hikari and me that we were doing the right thing by leaving my mom to stay with him. I could never tell if he was happy that we were with him now, or if he was happy for us for getting away from her. I’d love to think that it would be the latter, I mean, my mom totally went berserk after she found out I was gay. There were some other reasons why she was the way she was, but it got worse after she found out. I told her, she flipped her shit, and I was grounded until “I came to my senses” as she put it. My dad was fine with it though, and because of that, they continuously fought over the topic of my homosexuality.

It got to the point where Hikari and I were locked in the guest room closet while Mom beat at the door screaming “I’ll get your ungrateful asses once I open this door”, while we called Kiyoko to come help us. I don’t know how my sister managed to get from Mercury to Atlanta in thirty minutes, but when she did, she was like a fucking maniac.

She ended up threatening my mom to get her to stop. She said she’d call the police if she didn’t get away from us. So she did and Kiyoko, Hikari, and I found some cheap motel to stay in for the night.