fourth.

To Cas:

My dad had finally burned through all of the potatoes (I don’t even begin to want to know how in the hell he’d managed to do something that amazingly terrible), so we didn’t have anymore to burn. Yet.

He decided that he really wanted to stop burning potatoes, and instead of stopping useless attempts of cooking said potatoes, he wanted to buy some more.

“I’m not going to give up Akira,” he said, trying to fix his hair in the hallway mirror. “You should be more supportive of me.”

“You’re my dad, I don’t think that my support is really needed for you. Especially when you keep burning all the potatoes like some sort of fire demon.”

He pouted and gave out a little whimper. “You’re so mean to me Akira. I don’t know if I want to be your father anymore.”

I laughed and started to walk off towards my room. “Hey,” he shouted. “If you don’t come, you’re not getting what you want!”

Hikari ran out of her room with a huge smile on her face. “Can I get chips? And Oreos? And cookies?”

“If you and your sister come with me.”

I pouted and begged him to get me some candy and whatever while he was at the store, but he put his foot down (literally), and told me that I had to come. “I also want to spend some time with you two.”

“Dad, I don’t have any friends here, and Miyako and Kiyoko are always at school or hanging out,” I said, pulling on a jacket. “All we ever do is spend time with you.”

“You’re right, but I’m just spending as much time with you while I can before you get tons of friends and you’re never home.”

“Akira and friends don’t really belong in the same sentence, Dad,” Hikari teased.

He snorted and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “I think they do. Especially since y’all moved here, you sure as hell aren’t going to spend all your time cooped up in this house.”

I laughed and shook my head. I’d never really had a good experience with friends at that point. I mean, I had one friend, but it wasn’t much of a friendly relationship and it completely sucked. I thought that I would’ve have an extremely tough time with making friends and all that stuff, so I just smiled and nodded and agreed, hoping to appease my dad for the time being.

We hopped into the dad’s car and he drove off at eight at night to the grocery store so he could buy potatoes so he could satisfy his own craving for not setting fire to them.

Once at the store, my dad had this huge game plan to split up and get stuff that we wanted so we wouldn’t be in the store for “fifty million hours” as he put it. So when we got to the store, he went to go buy unburnable potatoes and Hikari and I went to go find the fattiest foods I could find. I grabbed a basket (yes a basket), and went straight to the candy isle.

Now, before I continue my story, I know there are tons and tons of boy meets girl type tales where the boy meets the girl and the girl and the boy fall in love and they have like one tiny issue that threatens to break them apart, but in the end they solve it and they go back to being in love and all of that sappy shit I hate to read about. Well let me tell you this: this isn’t a love story. Hell it isn’t even a story about love. Love is just a small part in this. And plus, this is a story about my years in high school. It’s not romance.

Which I hate by the way for the simple fact that it makes every single teenage girl who likes those stupid teen romance stories believe that they’ll find the love of their life in high school, and that they’ll get married and all that stupid bullshit. I mean, I know people (not going to mention any names), who believe that the person that they’re dating is the person who they’ll marry. It makes girls too stupid to think for themselves believe that if they don’t have a high school sweetheart, or some sort of relationship with the opposite (or same) sex then they lives will be completely fucked. So, I’m not gonna make you believe that, or I’ll try not to since I do have a sliver of romance in my life. So, fuck teen romance, and now that that’s out there, let me continue.