The Orphans Chapter Two

*Normal POV-Courtney*

It is your average free hour, the girl’s chit chatting about the latest scandal, something to do with one direction and a cheater; I swear these girls could set a world record for speed talking, that’s why I really don’t know what going on.  But then again you’d think id be used to the speed they talked by now. I have been here for three years and it hasn’t gotten any faster or closer. I guess if I don’t catch on now I never will, I only have a year left in this house before I leave. Or more like they kick me out, girl’s houses had a bad habit of doing that.

I’m sitting next to Jenna randomly strumming chords on my guitar when I get an idea.  I jump up and grab my notebook, the lyrics seem to just keep running through my mind and I know they won’t stop until they are on a page. Writing is something that I just kind of fell in to, but it helped ease the pain in my shattered heart.  I jot down my idea but it doesn’t really go with anything; that happens a lot. You come up with a few amazing lines but the rest of the song never come.  I decide not to get rid of it, because you never know it could be a phrase that works perfectly somewhere else. 

All of a sudden the wicked witch of the east walks in, we scramble to attention.

“Lights out early tonight, you brats,” She says with more malice than normal, but I don’t fail to miss the nerves in here voice

“Yes ma’am.” We chorus back and all move quickly to our beds. Nobody ever feels like getting beaten, so we all try to follow her orders to the best of our abilities. I can’t seem to fall asleep though; my mind keeps wondering off and going into this endless spin. I couldn’t even tell you what I was thinking! It is just a ton of gibberish that kept me awake. I am probably up till close to one in the morning went I get this sinking feeling in my gut. I feel a full on panic attack take over, I start hyperventilating and almost crying hysterically. I hated this feeling, it always brought on this reaction, and it reminded me of that night. My previous therapist said it was normal, but I don’t care. I hate this feeling; I’d rather be dead then continually feel it.  I must have been loud because I vaguely feel Jenna next to me. She is speaking but I couldn’t hear her, my mind is spinning to fast. Flashbacks, they pound my brain the explosion repeating over and over again. They’re screams so loud I feel my ears ringing and I want to scream to make it stop. I can feel myself being shaken but the shakes aren’t strong to shake me from my minds grasp. My head jerks to the side and the stinging in my face seems to be what I needed to snap out of it.

I open my eyes to see a tear stained Jenna, I go to say something but words seem to fail me. I refused to talk to any therapists properly so I keep having these melt downs, usually there not so bad.

“Courtney? Are you there?” I nod my head feebly, what else could I do?

“Are you alright?” I could only shake my head no, I hated my life sometimes, I hated myself even more. How could my own brain do this to me? Jenna reaches out and raps her arms around me and for once I don’t object. She sings a lullaby softly in my ear and I felt my brain slowing down and myself getting tired. I drifted off to sleep with Jenna still right beside me.

The Next Morning

Jenna and I are working hard at cleaning the public entry way, neither of us mention last night, its happened to many times before. She respects the fact that I have a hard time coping with this and the fact that talking with a therapist never really seemed to help. It would just take time for me to heal. The front door bell is rung, confusing us both.  We share the same look of confusion especially when the witch (her real name is Mrs. Crueler, the irony of it, is quite canny) comes bustling threw.  She throws on her signature fake smile and opens it.  I look up threw my lashes and see a Farley attractive man standing at the door, he looks vaguely familiar.  I hear him introduce himself as Mr. Cowell.

I proceed to ignore the conversation not wanting to get punished for ease dropping until I hear something that makes me freeze. 

Wow this story was horrible before!! How did i get a thousand views????? 

Please help me spread the word that im fixing this story up!!

Thanks 

Courtney