The Orphans

The Orphans

It all started 3 years ago...

*Flash back*

I’m standing outside my grandmother’s house just watching. I can hear the distant chatter of all my family; it was a rare occurrence that we all gathered together. It was always a joyous occasion when we did, so many memories are made at these parties.   I small smile flits across my face, it was the first time in a long time that I have been happy.  I brush my curly golden blond hair out of my face; I get this sinking feeling in my gut. I hated that feeling, it meant someone was about to pick a fight.  That’s odd thought because these nights are usually peaceful. But then what happened next I will never be able to comprehend.  The house that stood there only moments ago, explodes, right in front of me.  I’m pelted with hot debris, I hear their screams. But I can’t move, COWARD my mind screams at me.  SAVE THEM!! But my feet are glued to the ground, stuck in the cement of mind. Something smashes into my left temple and then it went everything’s go black. 

I later woke up in a hospitable, with the news that everyone in the house was killed.  Apparently one of the gas pipes that my father was supposed to fix never got fixed causing a gas leak and well there was a lot of cooking going, you get the picture.  It is considered a miracle that I wasn’t killed. but in all honesty I wanted to be dead.

I was later sent to an orphanage at age 14. I was going to be stuck there till I was 18 because chances were slim to know for me being adopted.

 I had my small bag of clothes and my guitar slung over my back.  I knocked on the door, my social worker still sitting in the car.  Any hope of being ok was crushed when I say who opened the door. The woman was short and chubby, she had a face that just screamed mean and she had this completely fake smile. While I’m not one to judge people, this lady just screamed witch.  Let’s just say I went from one personal hell to another. 

Present Time

I met the only girl my age there, her name is Jenna. She is stunningly beautiful with black wavy hair that goes down to her hips and piercing hazel eyes.  She has a lot of scars from where she was beaten.  Jenna has a very petite frame, barley pushing 5’2 and is as skinny as they come.  Also, she had the voice that could rival an angel. I have never met someone like her before, she is so optimistic even though she’s gone through hell.

Every day we go through the same routine and it has never once changed. We wake up first and round up all the younger kids, they know the drill by now and the never seem to question Jenna and I. We then break off into groups doing various house hold chores till noon, so we don’t raise any problems. The lunch that we are given shouldn’t even be called food it should be called muck. I don’t know who makes it but they win the award for worst cook in the history of cooks. It’s an atrocity what we are supposed to eat.  Continuing on with the chores and then we eat dinner around eight.  After eight o’clock we had an hour of free time where we would do whatever we need, shower, read and what not.

But Jenna and I would sit down for around twenty minutes each day and play for the girls, Jenna singing and I strumming on the guitar. It wasn’t just the little girls who loved to listen to Jenna; I loved it to, not that I would tell her that. Her voice just has this musical quality that made it so smooth to listen to.   It is the only thing we have to look forward to in our sad lives, but it seemed to give them this sparkle of hope that was enough to make us keep doing it.  We play various genres and artists but the girls really seemed to love one direction, a lot, I personally don’t understand why.  It’s been this way for a while; a new album gave us new songs. We thought it would continue this way until one day a strange and unexpected guest stopped by.

 SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIMMMM BAAACCKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I redited this chapter and i plan on working on the rest and maybe even trying to finish it!!!!

Love you all 

Courtney