For the Honor of Killer Penguins

You fly through the air trying catch one of the fish, but they just fly right out of your beak before you can get it. It turns, waving its tail as if it’s mocking you and your missed attack. But you’re not going to let that stop you, let them get to you. For you were trained by the mighty Pedro the Penguin, and shall not be made a fool of by some flying fish. No, the air is ruled by the power of birds, and you are a killer penguin, the mightiest of all the earth’s feathered beasts.

You draw your katana, and raise it in the air prepared to strike.

“Beware fish, for you face Peggi the Penguin, the fourth disciple of the mighty Pedro. As dictated by the seventh rule of armed combat among aquatic life, I shall give you 4 seconds to make peace with the god of the religion of your choosing before I send you to the afterlife.”

However, against such a gesture of respect the fish mealy stares at you. But you will not be brought low by such a blank stare. No, now that the time has passed, you fly at the fish, slicing your blade across your unworthy foe.

Except, your attack just flies through it, along with yourself and you crash head first into that giant bridge that you somehow missed a second ago. You try to stabilize yourself so you don’t fall to all those cars below. You never liked cars, they made too much noise, and they smelled really bad.

But cars aren’t your opponent today. Maybe tomorrow, but not today. No, it is this fish, who is just floating there. “How dare you make a fool of me?”

And then, the fish does the unthinkable. It turns its back on you.

There are many acts that are deemed disrespectful by the killer penguin code, but ranking at number 3 on the list is turning your back on an opponent during battle. Should a disciple of Pedro be convicted of such a horrible crime they are forced to dye their hair purple and be forced to eat nothing but expired sushi for the next 74 hours.

You will not allow such an act to stand. Or swim through the air. Whatever.

You point your blade up to the sky, drawing upon the power of the sun to give your weapon the strength to pierce the dimensions. There are those in this world who have learned to exist in dimensions other than those the human eye can see. But killer penguins do not allow such beings to escape their power.

With this new power, you slice into the fish, hitting it. You think who have obtained victory until this causes the fish to explode in a wondrous display of light. The explosion sends you flying back, into that bridge from earlier, and you find yourself fading from consciousness. You see your blade fall from your grasp into the river below though you seem to be ledged into the bridge. As you fade from consciousness, you develop a strange craving for goldfish.

A/N: One of these days my short stories will make perfect sense outside of context. But not today, this doesn’t even make sense within context! This is actually a fan-fic of the anime Tokyo ESP. As you probably know, I have a strange obsession with killer penguins, and the show has a penguin in it named Peggi. Considering that Peggi is able to fly, and my killer penguins fly, I took advantage of some logical fallacies and came to the conclusion that Peggi was a killer penguin, and used that to give her a little back story for the show. As for the reason it’s in second person…that’s because I noticed it’d been a while since I’ve done something in second person, so decided to do that here.