Death Surrounds

Death Surrounds

Black stars rose all around him, the lights of every dawn passing by. So, this was the end, his last dance, his last stand, and even though he knew death would soon overtake him, things like that didn’t matter. He had won, he had overcome. Even if they had taken everything from him, his family friends and life, that didn’t matter because humanity would live to fight another day, and maybe, just maybe with the chance that he had brought them, it would be a future that someone’s children could grow up happy then, and this whole war would be worthwhile.

Looking up to the bright blue sky, I felt a chill run across my skin. "Is it time to go, already?" I hear a voice in the distance say. I looked behind me, and saw a young boy. "How much longer will I be here?"

And out of nowhere they killed him. And soon he would be taken by death to hell, and burn there forever! He’d never come back.

A/N: You are probably confused, and I don’t blame you. This was not written by me, or at least not entirely. You see, my sister and I challenged each other to write as much as we could in a minute. The first paragraph was mine, the second hers. We didn’t know what the other was doing, so thought it was interesting that we both had a scene somehow involving death (That may say something about my family). So we challenged our brother to also write a paragraph on the same theme, so the third was his. Though these all had some edits because you know I can’t spell when I type super-fast. Most impressively though, we actually managed to get my brother to write something!