Chapter 7: Bungalow Blues

Chapter 7:

Bungalow Blues

Raising my hand, I sent the girls a wave before continuing to get into the car, starting it up and pulling out with a heavy sigh. The mere idea of telling management scared the living hell out of me. They were good people, yes, but liked to have control over how we were perceived in the world. We were a boy band; a group of young guys who were supposed to be seen as the typical guy you went to school with. The kind of person that people could relate to, that people wanted to get to know better. How was that going to change now, throwing a kid in the mix? God, if there was one thing I was terrified of, it was other people's opinion. I tried to hard not to let it bother me, not to even look at whatever negative things people were saying about me, but how couldn't you when your entire life was right there in the public eye for everyone to see? There was so much pressure, so much on our shoulders, I didn't want to bring an end to it all...

"You alright there Haz?" I glanced beside me at the sound of Louis voice, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned slightly, fixing my gaze on him, watching as he sat completely relaxed looking ahead at the road as he drove. His eyes glanced towards me and he flashed a weird looking face, making me shake my head lightly with a small laugh. "You seem to be really into your thoughts over there."

I shrugged, sighing heavily. "I am... I guess. I just..." I took a breath, leaning back into the cushions of the passenger seat, biting the inside of my cheek. "I'm sorry..." My voice was quiet, barely above a whisper as I spoke. I was. I was sorry that this was happening, that I was not only putting my career at risk, but theirs as well. Brothers didn't do that to each other.

"Sorry? Sorry for what?" Louis asked with a small frown. "For having a child?" He asked me and I nodded some, keeping my gaze ahead on the road, refusing to look at him. Louis sighed lightly before taking a breath, glancing over at me. "Why are you sorry?"

"For putting everything in jeopordy like this. Management is going to kill me. No one is going to look at us the same." I said, shaking my head.

"So... you're sorry for something you did three years ago? Before any of us even knew each other, before we even thought this was possible?" Louis asked, looking over at me briefly before shaking his head and letting out a light laugh. "You, my friend, are impossible."

I blinked, frowning slightly. "Why? This can ruin everything, you know it. I don't want you all to hate me for it."

"There's no way we even have the right to hate you for your past actions Harold. And there's no reason for you to think so

negatively about it. If anything, you want to be able to handle being a father and a member of the amazing One Direction right? Don't put yourself down before you've even tried." Louis said, his voice completely casual. "We're here for you regardless Harry. If you need a babysitter or someone to change diapers... Well Niall could do that, but we're here for you." I looked at him, nodding slightly. Despite the fact that he was right, it didn't change the way I felt. I felt guilty. Like it was all my fault. "Plus," Louis added, looking over at me after pulling up behind the car in front of us in the drive through. "You don't want to be sorry and regret a child. No child is a mistake... it's just bad timing." Louis grinned slightly before pulling up towards the intercom.

"Welcome to McDonald's, how can I help you?" The woman on the other end asked.

"Why hello there!" Louis greeted in that usual cheery tone of his, making me shake my head as I leaned back once more, pulling out my phone and checking to see if I got any messages from the boys or anything regarding Layla. She was a well behaved child, shouldn't have been too much trouble for them to watch for a bit.