Chapter 6: Five Boys... One Toddler

Chapter 6:

Five Boys... One Toddler

The drive to the bungalow wasn't at all very long. In fact it went by pretty fast. It was getting the car seat strapped in the right way that took forever. Those things were complicated, one slip and the entire thing isn't secure and that wasn't an option. So after continuing to fumble around with, Layla giving me three year old advice, and finally just giving up, I gave my mum a call. She walked me through the entire process and then we were on our way. Luckily I didn't run into any masses of fans or anything either. The ride itself was okay. It was hard to really focus with Layla in the back, insisting I play 'What Makes You Beautiful' over and over again. Apparently it was her favorite song.

Eventually we reached the small bungalow, the bungalow that started it all really. I sighed lightly to myself, parking the car and getting out, moving to the backset and unbuckling Layla. I picked her up, setting her down on the grass before looking down at her. "Stay right here okay? I've got to get our bags." Layla looked up at me, nodding her head eagerly before I turned and went to the trunk, getting everything out. Carrying both our things I went to the front door, managing to get my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door. I looked over at my shoulder at Layla, who was still standing by the car. "Want to come hold the door open?" I asked.

Layla looked up at me, blinking before she shook her head. "I stay here." I blinked before sighing.

"You can move now." I pushed open the door myself with my foot, holding it open for her. Layla smiled before making her way over, taking off running. Maybe her little feet were going faster than she had thought they were or she just tripped over her own two feet, but Layla soon fell face first on the pavement of the small patio. I cursed lightly to myself, quickly setting down out bags and rushing over to her as she let out a scream. I reached down, quickly lifting her and setting her back on her feet.

I could tell this wasn't a simple shout of surprise at falling, no Layla was actually crying, her face flushed, tears spilling from her eyes. Not only that, but her lip was a small cut on her lip, bleeding a bit. "You're alright, you're alright." I tried to console her, quickly lifting her and going into the house heading straight for the kitchen. I set her down on the counter, grabbing a few paper towels and wetting them with water before returning to her.

"I-It hurts." Layla stuttered, reaching up and rubbing at her eyes as I moved in front of her.

"I know, it'll get better okay? It's just a little cut."I told her, reaching out and carefully dabbing at her lip. It wasn't too bad, just a small cut on her lower lip. "It'll heal quickly, I'm sure. Just try not to touch it or anything okay?" I asked as I tossed the paper towel away, watching as she sniffled to herself.

"Can I have band aid?" Layla looked up at me, blinking adorably.

"I don't think a band aid will stay on your face." I said, frowning slightly. "But... if it makes you feel better." I turned and moved over to the cabinet, grabbing the small box of Toy Story band aids that Liam had gotten awhile ago after kicking the ball around got a little too intense. I was just beginning to open up a band aid for her when I heard a familiar voice. One of five I wasn't expecting to hear for awhile.

"Hey, the door was wide open, everything alright?" That familiar Irish accent echoed in the kitchen and I literally froze, hearing foot steps approach. What the hell was I going to do? Layla was right there on the counter, still pouting. This wasn't how I wanted any of them to find out about this, but there was really nothing else I could do. Before I could even open my mouth to reply, the familiar figure of Niall entered the kitchen. He wore a pair of jeans, a white tee, and one of his usual snap backs on his head. He had a backpack slung over his shoulders, an expression of pure... well confusion on his face as he took in the sight before him. Layla turned her head slightly, blinking at the blonde in the room. "Uh... who's the kid?" Niall asked, frowning as he pointed to Layla.