Chapter 1: Homecoming

This is my fictional work. All rights belong to their proper owners, regarding One Direction and all. I own nothing in that aspect, but this story belongs to me. So don't try to steal it.

                                                            Isn't She Lovely

Chapter 1:

Homecoming

So I'll see you back at the flat then?" I looked over towards Louis as the sleek, black car with heavily tinted windows pulled up along the side of the street. He grinned at me, an arm wrapped loosely around Eleanor who was looking at me as well. They were inseparable since they had landed back home, in some kind of physical contact no matter what they were doing. It was sickeningly sweet. Louis tilted his head at me, awaiting an answer as I pushed my hands into my pockets and shook my head.

"Actually, I think I'm going to head on to my mum's. It's been awhile and I'm exhausted." I said with a light yawn before grinning playfully at the couple before me. We had been gone for what felt like forever doing the Up All Night Tour going from city to city, performing at concert to concert. It was a bittersweet ending to an amazing beginning of our career. Of course we were a bit bummed to leave America and all of our fans, but we were all eager to get back home with our friends and family. Being on tour really took much more of a toll on you than you would have expected. "Plus I'm sure the two of you want the flat to yourselves." I winked at him, leaning over and nudging him in the side. Eleanor laughed, shaking her head as Louis rolled his eyes at me.

"You know you don't have to. We don't mind your presence at all. In fact, we encourage it." Lou grinned playfully and I shook my head, laughing lightly to himself.

I reached up, adjusting the dark grey beanie top my head before looking at them both. "Really, it's no problem at all. I want to go back home, see my family and all you know?" The both of them seemed to agree, not pushing the topic any further, before saying their goodbyes and heading off to their own awaiting car. I sighed heavily to myself, flopping down into the back seat of the car and getting comfortable. It wasn't going to be too long of a drive, but it would be long enough to rind down and have some time to myself, to take in the past few months we were away and get ready to adjust to regular every day life. Life where I could walk around as freely as I wanted in my flat without having anyone complain about it. Definitely worth looking forward to. Yawning to myself, I rose my elbow, resting it atop the rest on the door of the car before placing my head on it and closing my eyes just relaxing for the majority of the ride.

It had been a long few months indeed, but all of it completely worh it in the end. It was mind boggling to think that this was just the beginning, that there was so much more in store for them. But it was important to remember where you came from, what you started out with and I knew for a fact that it was something I would never let myself forget. Opening my eyes, I watched as the familiar scenery passed by. Very familiar. Frowning slightly, I sat up a bit more, trying to remember where I had seen it before... Then it came to me. This was Lacey Underwood's old town, just an hour or so away from mine. Good times were spent here back in the day. I vaguely remembered an ice cream place the both of us would always go to, a spot in the park that we hung out at a lot. Good times... Times that didn't last, obviously. Lacey was probably my first serious relationship. She was a cute, funny girl. Quite pretty too. We were friends that got 'on really well, well enough to start a relationship. Things were good when we were together. Nothing to complain about at all, well until the X Factor came up anyway. That changed things... A lot.