The Planning (Or Lack Thereof)

AN: Hey! Finally updated! So busy with personal issues and volunteering and work, I could go on forever. But I won't. (You don't deserve that...) So without further ado, (dramatic, aren't I?), Chapter Dos! By the way, I see a lot of views but no reviews, hint hint...

PS. - Sadly, I don't own Percy Jackson, but that would be a great birthday present!

Of course, as soon as Annabeth had gotten over the emotion of the proposal, she began planning. For someone who is supposedly ADHD, she displayed an alarming amount of focus on a wedding that was a year away, atleast to Percy's point of view (granted, he wasn't one for wedding planning). Thankfully, Mrs. Chase, and Sally decided to take over the wedding planning for them, except for major decisions, so that the two of them could actually graduate college, not to mention handle their part-time jobs. Percy was working as a marine biologist, and the sword-instructor at Camp Half-Blood, while Annabeth was an architect and a strategy teacher at CHB as well.

Life was great and...very very busy. Percy and Annabeth loved each other just as much as they always had (possibly more, after all, he had proposed) but they just didn't get time to see each other anymore. So, as soon as the semesters for college at NYU were over, they both decided to sit down and make some decisions.

The wedding would be at the beach by Camp Half-Blood, so that both mortals and half-bloods could attend, as well as the gods who wished them well (AKA, Hestia, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Athena). Annabeth had chosen Thalia as her maid of honor, with Piper, Calypso, Reyna and Hazel as bridesmaids (Calypso had long since gotten over Percy, and was now perfectly happy with Leo). Percy had chosen Grover as his best man, with Jason, Leo, Tyson and Frank as his groomsmen.

And, Annabeth had already gotten her wedding dress, due to her Annabeth-ness, and Percy, in true Percy form, hadn't even thought about it yet.

But that wasn't the issue that they were arguing about. No they were arguing over something very very very important to the wedding.

Guests? No, only the people who liked/loved them were invited.

Theme? No, they were blending grey (for Annabeth, obviously), and sea green (if you don't know why, shame on you) for the colors.

No, the main issue was...

Cake. Cake, glorious cake.

"Percy, no! That's way too sweet, no one's gonna like it!"

"Annabeth! Really? Cherry cake, with owl frosting? I get that your mother made that a condition, but still..."

So, at the request of their ENTIRE family, they decided to go cake testing at a fancy bakery (their jobs did pay nicely, and it did help to have saved the world...twice).

That's how the couple found themselves at CakeBoss, in New York, sitting in fancy chairs as the salesman gave them samples and samples of cake.

And as they tasted and tasted and tasted cake (it got a bit redundant), until they found it... the perfect cake.

"Percy, Oh my gods, this is sooo good! What do you think?"

His enthusiastic response was muffled by the fact that he had stuffed his face with cake.

The cake was blue, with seashells all over it, but they had agreed to have owls imprinted on the shells. The flavor was simple and elegant: buttercream. It was 4-layer, but they had agreed to have the top layer empty so they could have a little message, which would be decided upon by the family members of both sides.

"This was such a ridiculous argument! I could have been finishing up plans for 2 BUILDINGS in this time!" Annabeth groused.

"Well, I'm cool with it, because I got to stuff my face with cake" Percy replied with a smirk.

Seconds later, to the general amusement of everyone in the store, Percy was wiping a slice of cake off his face.

AN: So, yeah, hope you liked the humor! Always thought Annabeth would do that. And if anyone's interested, the cake is actually from Carlo's Bakery website, and is cake number W506, minus the top seashell and with owl designs on the other shells. Sooo delicious! Oh, and I also do not own CakeBoss, but if I did, I wouldn't be sitting here.