Ch.19: On A Tuesday: PART TWO

Keep It Trill

But if I don't make it home tonight
Take some money to my sister
I don't ever want her chasing after niggas
'Cause where I'm from
Niggas outchea dying every day
And they ain't no bad, they just tryna make a way
And I ain't no different
So if I get missing
These are my last wishes
I hope you get them right
Girl if I don't make it home tonight

-Make it home, August Alsina

Ja'Celia Nicole Jordan (UNEDITED.)

Continued...

All in all, I thought I had made it through my graduation day without any problems. I was 17--and I still looked good-- a highschool graduate, and excepted into my dream college.

Hell, I'd say I was doing pretty damn great.

So while sitting here, surrounded by people that cared about me, I made sure to make my thankfulness apparent, as I prayed not only for my food, but for my family too. Blood or not.

After a few seconds, all our heads unanimously raised at the same time, gathering in a chorus of "amens", and we began the rotation of food around the table.

One thing I couldn't stunt about and say I wouldn't miss was my Grandma's cooking. If there was anything that could make me feel like I was in Heaven, it would be Grams fried chicken. And I knew for a fact, I wasn't the only one; Kay, James, and Nesha would rather come over here first to eat than go straight home.

Speaking of James, he and Heaven were trying their best (but failing) at keeping their furtive glances and smiles across the table, secret. I had noticed long ago that there was something between them. Seems my best friend didn't need me to put him on game after all.

"So Ja'Celia baby, banana pudding or chocolate fudge?" My Grandma's soft caring voice filled my head and brought me out of my thoughts.

A smile spread across my cheeks and everyone at the table laughed at the childish look on my face. "Oh, Nana, you know I could never choose."

***

As dessert rolled around, I found myself being excused from the table after chowing down on a thick piece of chocolate cake, a bowl of banana pudding, and a glass of lemonade.

I swear my Grandma be trynna fatten me up.

I was currently digging through my closet, looking for something cute but comfortable I could wear to Quinn Underwood's party.

Most of my stuff was packed in moving boxes in the living room, but for the most part I had jeans and a few club shirts stashed in my closet for Shay and Bree to grow into.

I felt arms wrap around me and turn me around, colliding with a broad chest. Damien's lips were on mine in a second and I was curious as to how focused I was on finding a outfit that I didn't hear the door close.

Damien picked me up and wrapped me around his waist, muttering something into my neck that sounded like "I love you."

Hell, for all I know it could've been "I wanna fuck you."

We fell onto the clean blue sheeted bed, moaning and groaning not caring that my family was a mere two rooms down. He was pulling at my graduation dress, which had a zipper falling down the back of my spine. He reached back and carefully shredded the material from my body, throwing it out of sight.

After seeing Karon today, I couldn't help but imagine his hands and the way they used to roam over my body when I was having a particularly bad day.