Chapter 4: Unexpected

I wake up to a light shining in my eyes and a couple of guy laughing at me. I flail my hands at the pestering light and roll over. Only to have someone flip my mattress over with me landing on the floor with a 'KaThunk!' 

" What the hell?!" 

" Stop shouting Taha! Get dressed we are going to a party down at a beach in LA!" Matt whispers through the dark. 

" What are you thinking you idiots? If Sam and Joe catch us we are so grounded til school starts!" 

" Oh come on little sister take a risk for once live life on the wild side for once!"

" Alright you Nitwits get out so I can change," I grumble the whole way into some short denim shorts and my favorite Shinedown t-shirt. I grab my flip-flops on the way to meet my brothers outside. 

The car is already rumbling with the radio playing softly in the background as we head off to LA with the windows down. I lean out the window as we near the city lights. The wind whips my hair behind me as I giggle at the beautiful sight zipping past us. It takes no time at all for the sweet smell of the ocean to invade my senses. Not only that I can see a bonfire burning down along the beach as Josh pulls into the beach parking. Music is blaring from a makeshift stage just beyond that. 

I hope out and Matty pulls me into a side hug and whispers, " Now don't get into any illegal trouble and you better not have sex or get drunk got me baby cakes?" He winks at me although he is deeply serious. I laugh good naturedly. 

" Oh Matty I love you! You know me better than that big brother!" I nudge his shoulder and head towards the beach. 

" I know Taha but I still got to put it out there," I throw one of my dimpled smiles over my shoulder at him.

I walk onward awkwardly towards the crowds of people where I absolutely know no one. Stares follow me as I continue walking to what seems to be coolers filled with various alcohol and soda. I pick out a Corona and look around while taking a swig. 

I spot some people doing some free style moves to my left so I wander over to watch. I notice that people are engaged in what seems to be a battle. The guy I noticed was none other than Trevor Dumont. His movements where like pure silk and the other guys moves were pretty impressive to but I had no doubt that Trev would win... Trev? Nicknames already? Oh my what is getting into you Tahana snap out of it! The song ended and the guys shook hands, the official type figure raised Trev's arm in the air signaling that he won. 

He turned and noticed me with a big smirk planted on his face. Who knew that this cowboy could produce moves such as those. With a devilish grin I pick up the beat of the song playing and let the moves pour out of me. I motion for him to try to do better. His shocked expression only lasts a second before he provides some fancy foot work. I plie' and drop to do a different level spin and kick my feet out Irish style. 

He shruggs it off effortlessly and easily out matches what I just did so I back flip and do some breaking in the sand even though it kicks sand everywhere, I smile victoriously when his shocked expression turns to a smirk but he lifts my arm in defeat. I head back to the coolers for a water dissmissing my forgotten beer not wanting to know what someone must have put in it. I gulp the water in a meer four swallows and toss the now empty bottle into a near by trash bag. 

" Hi! Those were some pretty sweet moves you had going for you! I don't think anyone has beat Trevor in a couple years now. I'm Amber by the way," She extends a hand that I return with a shake.

" Tahana. but please call me Taha."

" I don't think I've seen you around here before."

" Yeah I just moved here from London." I give her a small smile. 

" Thats so cool! I love you accent by the way. Want to come hang out with my friends and I?" 

" Sure I guess so," I smile awkwardly but follow the cheeky brunette to a small group of people. 

" Hey guys this is Taha! She's new here, just moved from London." She starts the introductions, " The blonde guy on the end is Jason, next to him is Amy, beside her is her twin brother Logan. Under Logans arm is my sister Amerianna. The three guys beside you are Tim, Donny, and Derek. Of course then there is me!" 

" Oh god i'm sorry but I might muck up your names here for awhile!" 

" No bigs," The one i think who's name was Logan extends his hand which I shake with a small smile, " Want a beer or a coke?" 

" A coke would be great. Thanks so much." I smile to myself as the rest ask me questions about where I'm from and stuff like that. They all seem to genuinly like me. I think I could very well become friends with these people expecially with Amber. We all exchange numbers so we could get together later. I look towards the fire and see Trevor staring at me. Our gazes meet and lock. My breath catches in my throat and I can't seem to move. He motions me over breaking the spell his gaze had over my body. I excuse myself from my new friends and head towards Mr.OhsoDelicious! 

As I get closer the butterflies in my stomach worsen. I give him a small wave as I get near him. I stop a few feet in front of him looking at the ground awkwardly. I see his shoes come into my line of vision and I feel his finger lifting my face to look up at him. He has a sexy smile on his face that show the most sexy dimples I have ever seen. 

" Care to danceiIn a none competional way?" 

" I'd love to."

Trevor pulls me out towards the music as a slow song comes on. He pulls me close and I wrap my arms around his neck and lay my head on his shoulder with a contented smile on my lips.  Even though the song ends neither of us pulls away we just keep on laughing and dancing in slow circles with each other. I learn that he is a Cubano and he grew up in Spain. He moved to the states when he was seventeen to work on his grandpa's ranch. He shuts down about his past so I choose not to delve into it tonight. I tell him about my family and my over protective brothers. My favorite color and a promise to continue our game later. 

" Im glad they are protective of you. With a personality and the looks you have baby you could break a million hearts," I blush profusely at the compliment and just hide in his shoulder. I feel the vibration of his laughter and I can't help but giggle too. He twirls me around the beach some more and we even free style together. We move so well together. Like honey and wine. I can't help but let my mind wander down a very naughty path. We danced the night away together. The best night of my life! EVER! If I wasn't careful I could fall for someone like Trevor Michael Dumont. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turn over and my head squashes into a pillow. HUH? I don't remember getting home last night after the party. I pad out of my room down to Matty's room and knock lightly. I wait for a mumbled 'come in' before entering.

" Hey Matty," Without saying anything he lifts the covers and motions me over. I climb in and cuddle up to his side. 

" Hey Taha." He yawns my name. 

" How'd I get home?"

" Oh you were dancing with some guy and you fell asleep sitting by the fire last night. He found me and I carried you back. Now go to sleep baby-cakes cause its too early to be awake."

" Matty its noon!" 

" Oh shit!" He flies out of bed. I giggle at his frantic movements. 

" Why in sucha hurry big brother?" 

" I promised mum I would help her out with her car this morning and I am so late!" 

" Haha she will understand. She always does. Now get going or your seriously in deep crap with her," I curl up in his warm bed and I am soon asleep once again with thoughts of my night with Trevor.