Chapter 9

We went to the tubes that go up saying our goodbyes to our team mates but knowing that they would be joining us soon. "3...2...1. GO!" The announcer says. They other tributes start running towards the cornucopia as for me and Jason we ran towards th woods. Why? Because we have some special visitors. "Guys over here" A whisper calls from a bush. "Katniss" ? I ask. "Yea and peeta, + Peter" She whispers back. "Wait how did you sneak in here again" I ask starting to smile. "To easy" She smiles handing me our weapons and a walkie talkie to keep in contact. "Thanks" I smile taking the bag of stuff and putting it on my back. "Good luck, we'll be around call us on the walkie if you need anything" Katniss Nods. "Come on Kat, it's getting late" Jason nudges my arm. "Alright" I say walking behind him. Later after walking about an hour we find a tree to sleep in for the night. Jason sits close to me laying my head on his shoulder so i could get some sleep while he keeps watch then eventually falling asleep to. The sun rises slowly in the distance just enough to where it shines through the woods to wake both of us up.

"Well, I guess that means we should get up" I say sitting up. "I guess so" Jason says leaning in to kiss me. "hey umm what are you doing"? I say playfully punch him. "Um....nothing" He says backing up. "Let's jump down" I say rolling my eyes. I get down and climb down from the tree brushing the durt of myself putting the bag back on. "I'm sorry that-" jason starts but i cut him off buy kissing him then walking away slowly. "Well, are you comming" I laugh. "Yes! wait up! Kat,why did you kiss me if you didn't want me to kiss you" Jason asks catching up to me. "I know how you feel about me...but-" I cut him of again. "Because i just woke up and i had dirt on me" I smile at him. 

"You know how I feel about you?"Jason asks stopping me from going on. "Yes" I nod. You liked me since I moved to District 12 and went to the high school...I just never thought anything of it. He walks up behind me and hugs me tightly then we start to walk on. "Hey look it's the love dove couple" A voice comes from behind us. "Oh great" I whisper to Jason. "What?" he whispers back. "Lilly and Jordan from district 8" I sigh whisper. "WHAT! do you want" I snap back at the voices from behind us. 

"What's your secret weapon kissing?" Lilly Laughs. "Leave them alone!" Another voice shouts. "Who was that" I whisper. Then with a flash Lilly was down leaving Jordan standing next to his dead partner scared to death then down he goes from a secret helper. "Woah" I say. "Who did that"? Jasons asks. "We told you we would be behind you the whole time" A smilar voice says. "Peter"? I ask. "Yea and katniss, charlie" He says smiling. Now you two better get to the lake. "Come on jason" I say pulling him along. We eventually find our way to the lake and surrounding our selves with cool water and wonderful smells then that ends when we hear small weaps comming from the other side of the lake. 

"Hey, are you ok" I ask walking up to a small little girl in the field. "No...my brother" She says crying. "Hey it's ok sweety,what's your name"? I ask camly sitting next to her. "Gabby" She says. "Gabby do you want to come with us? It's allowed" I smiling. Gabby nods and turns around to hug me tightly with tears comming down her cheek she has to be at least 12. "Where's your brother" Jason asks bending down to face her. "Last time I saw him he was with the careers" Gabby says letting a small  smile out. "It's ok, since your from our district we can stick together to find your brother" Jason says.

"O-ok" she stutters. "Come on let's get some food in you and fill up our canteens then camp out for the night" I say getting up. "We go to a nerby tree and set up two tents and a small fire to cook our food then we put that out when we put that out right away. "Good night Gabby" I say sipping her tent up. I go over to my tent and fall asleep right away without noticing Jason was next to me. I finally figure he was there because he leans over and kisses my cheek then falls back over to sleep leavng a small grin on my face but knowing that this is probably isn't on camra because these are our tents I turn back over to kiss him back on the cheek.

After that he sits up tapping my shoulder making me sit up he leans over to gently kisses me leaving both of us smiling. "So is this just for the games"? he asks sadly, " I don't know you tell me" I say leaning back over to return the kiss making him smile even bigger. "I don't know" He says laying down. I know your my best friend Peter has a crush on you I can see the way he looks at you when we have to work together. That's why I keep on the down low on me likeing you more just for the game. "Wait. You both like me"? I ask falling back on my pillow.

"Yea but he's your best friend i mean" He trails off. "It means what? he's like a brother to me" I laugh. "Oh" Jason says smiling. "Yea what did you think? that I would end up with him because were so close?"I laugh. "Well, I just want to tell you this, I just don't  like you, I love you and I'm not kidding" Jason says scooting closer. Just for a moment I can't say anything but before I do I feel Jason's lips touching mine once again and my whole shivers but my heart starts pumping faster but I don't move a muscle. When Jason leans back and lays down he looks straight at me while I lay back down.

"I love you" Jason whispers. I smile and close my eyes and slowly fall asleep."Guys! wake up!" A startle voice yells. "Gabby? What's wrong?" I ask sitting up. "The careers. There coming I heard them not to far from here" She says worried. "Jason! wake up!"I yell shaking him. "Huh? umm I'm awake" Jasson says quickly sitting up. "Come on we have to go" I smirk getting up and walking out of the tent. When Jason came out I quickly press a button on my bracelt making the tents dissapear. "Woah how'd you do that" They both say amazed. "Not now let's move" I say heading towards the woods. "Pssstt...psst over here!" Katniss whispers from the tree above us.

"Bow and arrow" I nod looking up at her. She nods throwing my bow and arrows down a long with five other weapons for the others. "Let's go" I smile at Jason. "wait how'd you get these? without going to the cournucopia?" He asks confused. "We have our ways" I smile cheekly. "Let's go to the beach and set up some sort of trap for those careers" Gabby suggests. "Good idea" I nod. We climb over a couple of hills to reach the beach but before we get there we run into some trouble. "Shhh....I think i heard something over there" Jason whsipers putting his arm out to stop us from walking forward.

"What's wrong" I whisper. "I'm not sure I thought I heard something or someone" Jason shrugs. "But you did hear something, where's Gabby?"I ask turning around making a circle. "Gabby?" Jason asks whispering. "Oh my gosh where is she"I ask worrying. "Don't worry we'll find her" Jason says hugging me. "umm..yea"I say pushing away. "Sorry" He says, "Well, let's move shall we"? I ask smiling.  "Wait what"? Jason asks giving me a weird look. Before I could walk forward Jason walks towards me putting his hand on my shoulder trying to cheer me up. 

"Hey come on the games are almost over we can make it, but then there's one problem the war..." Jason states holding my hang tightly.  "I know..what we going to do" I ask letting go of his hand. "Well first" He says looking at me then leans in to kiss me.