Chapter 6

The next morning I woke with warmth of the sun beaming through the trees. I expected to wake up next to Jason but, he wasn't there. As soon as I relized he wasn't next to me is when I start screaming his name "JASON" "JASON" where are you I demand. I jumped down from the tree and looked around and ran through all the places he could of gone and right before I ran back I heard a bomb go off and I really started to freak out. "JASON"! I yell. "Yes, I'm right here. what's wrong" He asks. "I couldn't find you, i heard a bomb, I thought you were. Damn you Jason" I say while start to cry running into his arms.    "I am sorry, you were sleeping and I did't want to wake you and I wanted some berries" He says putting his arms around me."JASON"! Those are nightlock, they kill you if eat them. "I..sorry...I didn't know" He says trailing off, "It's ok just don't do it again" I say hugging him again. "I heard a bomb earlier one less tribute" He says.

"District 10" I say. "Didn't we met that little girl in our dreams" Jason asks. "April ya but, I haven't seen her at all maybe it was just an extra, I wouldn't want to go through what we went through again"I say. "Ya, same here, now this is about where we go to the cave. We should skip that and go straight for the cornucopia and take care of the careers" Jason says. "There's four, Distrcit one: Michael and Lilly. For District two: Kalvin and Krystal" I say looking up at the sun. "Most likely most of the teams are gone were the three teams left, I'm not sure if there's anymore" Jason says. "Let's not stay and waste time while we wait. Let's go now" Jason says grabbing me then grabbed the stuff and were back of to the cornucopia.

When we arrive we ecounter some problems but, nothing we can't handle right? Well, half right atleast. "Is that" Jason asks. "Yea" I say nervously. "It's Natasha Blue, comming from the woods" I say. "What is she doing here, she wasn't even reaped" Jason says. "Ya, I know she was my best friend from district 11 and she moved to 12 "I whisper. "Let's move in" I say. We move swiftly across the field, into view so we could get a better look. "Psst, Natasha" I whisper. She turns quickly and realizes it's me and she runs over and hugs me. "Kathleen, I don't how I got here" She says crying. 

"Comb down, what happen" I say. "Well, you know I was routing for you guys and then somone in a white uniform took me into a hover craft and then I was put out" She says. "So they just dropped you in the middle of the arena" I say. "Yea, I woke up here" she says looking around. "Well, you stick with us, we only have two other teams that's it" I say. "The careers" Jason says. 

"How are suppose to get out of here" Natasha asks. "Kill the careers" Jason answers. "Ya, now let's set up camp" I say. We go back to the woods and we a nice cave later and stay there for the night, but unfortunately mother-nature better known as the game makers made it storm really hard where we couldn't go hunt for food. "i'll go out and get some food" Natasha suggests. "No" I say. "Don't worry you taught me well" she says. "Ok, but take this walkie talkie. Call if you need anything" I say smiling and handing her the walkie talkie. "I'll be back soon, I have my own set of bow and arrows" She says leaving the cave into the rain. 

"So, do you think she'll be back soon" Jason asks scooting me closer. "Yea, I did teach her well" I say looking at him. "Kat, Jason you there"? Natasha says coming in on the walkie talkie. "Ya, were here" I answer. "Ok,I'm coming back" She says. We here rustling in the woods and it startled us then we realize it's Natasha. "Hey" she says catching her breath drenching wet. "Hey, come in get warm" I say laughing. "Did you catch anything" I ask.  "Yea, then I lost it to those careers" She says. "You got away from them" Jason asks. "What is that suppose to mean" She says smirking.

"Nothing just glad you got away from them" He says. I just smile and laugh a little. "You to are so funny" I say laughing. Natasha smiles takes the walkie talkie and runs back out in the rain. "Where  Jason is she going" Jason asks. "To hunt" I say. "Guys, I have a plan" A voice wails over the walkie talkie."What do you have" We ask together. "To work with the careers" she says quietly. "Be careful, I  believe you can do it" I say. "How is she going to team up with the careers" Jason asks. "She can handle pretty much anything, trust me" I say. "Ok, I do" Jason says. Twenty minutes later our stomachs were growling and we had to give up waiting for Natasha and eat what was left of the food we retrieved yesterday. "Is the food still warm" Jason asks.