Chapter 2 - Changes

Felix's POV ( 4 months later )

Its a warm day in November, the wind blowing past me from my open window of my car and my radio playing songs of today's pop number 1's. I've taken steps to rebuilding my shattered self, steps towards a safer and better me. This was about change. This particular part of the story is where I steadily took my pace slowly into a world of the unknown when I bought that plane ticket in July and basically rebooted my life into the warm, sunny, and optimistic California, United States. Each day was hell, but not today. On this day, was the day I met a particularly rather risky change. 

I drove with a smile on my face and the wind in my hair. My radio blasting music but yet I somehow couldn't understand the lyrics of the womanly voice coming through my speakers. I enjoyed my new Californian lifestyle. The beach, the people, and the living, breathing excitement that awoke every night in the city of Los Angeles. I was sunken into a sweet escape of sun, fun, and well, men. 

I didn't hide the fact that I was pride. It was apart of me that K-. No, I don't mention that name anymore. More or less the barbie version either. 

I had gotten myself a new life here, a new apartment as well. It wasn't much but it was perfect for me. A small, one bedroom, one bathroom, and surprisingly large living room that was perfect. It didn't have much of a view but I can still see the ocean a few blocks away. 

I turned onto the street of my apartment building and parked a little too close to the curb but oh well, it happens. Taking a few more seconds to take a deep breath in and out, and turning off my car. I looked up to the building that I lived in. 

"This is my life." I spoke to myself. Reminding myself that this is the whole new chapter, and not just another page. 

I got out of my car and closed the door, locking my car behind me. I walked towards the front entrance and opened the doors to reveal the front lobby to me. I saw George, the front desk guy.  He's a pencil pushing dick who's rude to the woman on my floor in apartment 34C, but lets all be honest here, everyone is. He's only a pencil pusher because the owner of the building never comes in to check in on the building, it's basically only George who does all the work. I nodded in his direction to give him some acknowledgement but he didn't notice from having his head shoved down his ass - I mean work. 

"Prick." I thought to myself, quietly making my way to the elevator as the doors automatically open when I push the call button. 

"Do you need help sir?" George said behind me. I turned my head to see him making his way around his desk and to the front door to open the door for someone. Someone tall. I turned to get a better glimpse of Mr. tall here and my eyes laid upon a man. His hair was jet black, the whitest T-shirt I could ever have seen that clung to close to his chest. His boots clicked on the floor as George held the door for him. He carried in two boxes on top of each other and smiled at that prick and continued to walk. 

"Thank you, I honestly would've had trouble getting the door open." The New Guy turned to George but continued walking, towards me. Me? or the elevator behind me? He stood next to me as I turned around so I don't look like a creep. I press the call button again and the doors open once more to the command. We both enter and I go to press my floor.

"Can you also please press floor 3, my hands are kinda full." His voice, so rough but se- wait, my floor?

"You new here? " I asked as the doors closed. He nodded and smiled. God that smile. The elevator took off and I could hear the wiring of the cables as we climbed upwards. I wanna climb him. 

"yeah, 32 - C actually. I moved here recently trying to find a better standing in my life. Escape my problems really. How long have you lived here?" He's making conversation with me but the inner me is screaming to not be so fucking weird.