|| Recess Loving DARK! AU ||

Do not read if sensitive

Breath heaving, Sweep clenched the knife close to his back.

Blood splattered everywhere, against the walls, table, and floors. His janitor's outfit was covered in the scarlet liquid, now drying to the dark, dull green outfit. Sweep's breath hitched when he looked down, his bangs covering his eyes as he gazed at his now twitching friend, ruler gripped tightly in one hand while another attempted to push himself off the floors.

I've warned you, Baldi.

Sweep thought, licking his lips. He could taste the metallic blood of his former best friend, his sides heaving as he tried to catch his breath.

He heard the quick footsteps of a tall male coming towards him, which he straightened up, pushing himself off the table and keeping the now bloody knife hidden behind him.

"Baldi!" The Principal gasped, falling to his knees in a now cool pool of blood. His black eyes locked with the Math Teacher's now unreturning eyes as they quickly dulled, drained from life that was now covering the walls, floors, and Sweep. Tilting his head up, The Principal gripped Baldi tightly in his arms. "What Happened?"

Sweep would have winced to the cold, turning voice of his boss. But he stayed motionless, his eyes still covered by his bangs. What have I done? Thought Sweep, pursing his lips once more. He expected to feel remorse, a heavy wave of guilt to crash him down onto his knees, to beg to  forgiveness.

But he felt nothing.

"Baldi was Warned to not take you away from me." His lips and tongue moved on their own, Sweep felt like there was another voice speaking for him. "But he didn't listen."

"I'm not with you, I love Baldi." Spat The Principal. "I thought you understood." His voice cracked at this, and Sweep wanted to allow his heart to sink, to feel something.

"I understood that he was trying to take you away from me." Sweep's voice clenched a bitter tone to it, a small chuckle escaping his lips. "But no worries, you're safe now."

"Safe? How could you expect me to feel safe with a murderer like you!" The Principal stood up, his knees covered In his dead lover's blood.

"Baldi is no different than me!" Rage surged through Sweep. "He has killed children in the past, but when I kill one person, That makes me worse than him!"

The Principal paused, as if he was considering Sweep's words. Then, he narrowed his eyes. "He would have stopped for me. He loves me that much to do anything."

"And I could be that one." Sweep offered a sick grin. "I could be the person you love, I will care for you, love you, pleasure you, and make you feel like you are worth something."

The Principal narrowed his eyes. "I would rather die than be with you." He growled. "You were no better than Baldi, but he had a chance to change. You don't. You murdered him for your gain."

"I murdered him for you. For you to have a better life, why can't you see that?" Sweep roared, making the Principal flinched just slightly. Sweep gripped the knife in his hand, rearing it out. Why can't he understand that I did this for him, that every second of the day was with him that made me feel happy. I love him, I love him, I did this for his protection. Why can't he just understand!

Blood bathed Sweep's janitor's outfit. Breath heaving, Sweep gripped the knife close to his chest. There was new blood scattered everywhere, on the walls, floors, and Sweep. The Janitor loomed over two dead bodies, both pressed close together in a simple loving embrace. The Principal had eight stab wounds impaled into his body.

Sweep finally felt a hot tear escape his eye. What have I done? Clenching that same knife that took the lives of his two friends, that same knife that still held the blood of his crush and best friend, that same knife that destroyed everything he has ever known....

...And stabbed it straight into his heart.