More than friends

At lunch Georgia, Jack and I sat together. It turned out that Jack and Georgia knew each other, they went to school together. As we talked I learnt more about Jack. But the whole time he was staring at me. Georgia obviously saw what was happening. She is such a little matchmaker. She is my bestie for a reason. She excused her self from the table and left not before she was behind Jack and turned around and winked at me. I realised Jack was still staring at me. I looked at him. we stared for a while it felt like an eternity, a well wasted one.

I didn't know what to say. "Tell me about yourself," Jack said. we had a long conversation, we laughed at each other's jokes. I had never felt this comfortable around a guy since the year before with my best friend Luke. Trying to make conversation I said, "That Mackenzie girl seems to like you, she's really pretty." He smiled, "You have more beauty in one bone than she has in her whole body."

I was shocked he said that and it must have showed because he said, "Sorry, it's ok if you don't like me in that way. But I really like you." I blushed profusely. "Don't worry, I like you too." I replied.

He smiled his adorable smile and gently placed his hand on top of mine. I almost had a heart attack. He was touching me! "Well that escalated quickly," I said. He laughed, I laughed. Georgia found out the moment she got back. When she came back she saw Jack's hand holding mine.

"Hey, lovebirds," Georgia said as she went to sit down. Before Jack was on the opposite end of the seat and was now right next to me. He abruptly drew his hand away from mine. "Jack, I am Christine's best friend. Your secret is safe with me," Georgia reassured Jack seeing his reaction.

After hearing that, Jack relaxed.