Burden

Third person pov (just for part of this chapter)

6 Hours, 30 minutes and too many seconds had passed by

Not a word spoken between the two

With their only luck the rain had stopped pouring down and the sun was now going away and soon it was going to be dark-out.  The water flow was still in their desired direction, flowing rabidly and it only seemed to pick up since the storm was so strong before. Sasuke knew they would be back in the village in a week, and he honestly couldn’t wait.  If things had of gone better he wouldn’t find it hard to talk to someone who he was escorting back to his home, but things weren’t going as good as they were just earlier this morning.

He’d be lying if he said he didn’t feel guilty about rejecting her, or at least he thought he rejected her.  He wished he wouldn’t have done that with someone like her.  Not because of blindness, but she played an important part between their villages. He didn’t want any bad blood between the two of them; because he was ordered to make sure she was comfortable and try to be as nice as possible as the Hokage had put it.

He didn’t plan on being this way with her and he didn’t like it or the lack of self-control to his own desires, not only as a man

But as a human being

Kira who had prayed that Sasuke wouldn’t dare make conversation with her and hoped that things would continue on smoothly, but they weren’t going as smoothly as she had planned.

She felt his stare on her, pushing one leg over the other. She tried her best to ignore it and pretend like she didn’t want to ask him about what had happened earlier

Kira yawned with exhaustion; using her other senses to ‘see’ for her always wore her down by the end of the day.  It’s was hard for her being in darkness all the time and quietly crying when it all seemed like it was too much for her to handle, the burden too heavy to bear. 

Kira not only held the burden of being blind, but also the burden of revenge and hatred.

But she would never tell her true plans…

Sasuke Pov

It was hard sitting here and not being able to talk as freely as before, I had opened my mouth to speak but the words didn’t come.  They seemed nothing but a whisper if they had never even left my mouth, which wasn’t happening anytime soon.  I was back to trying to be a stone cold person because I felt that was the only way I could live, without feeling the loss of someone or having to go through the motions.

Mostly I found myself living in regret

I hated it

“Sasuke?” Kira questioned and I nearly 'nearly' was caught off guard by the sudden action of speaking to me. “What is it?” I asked coldly

I didn’t mean to come off so dark and distant but my tone didn’t change, I wasn’t sure how to be nice because that was giving up too much.  I found all the nice things, I was doing without thinking about it; to be small things, that I just couldn’t see myself doing anymore….yet I liked doing them for certain people.

“Why do you stare at me?” She asked and this time I was caught completely off guard….act normal, act normal,  act normal

Keep your cool, Sasuke

Kira’s Pov

Creeper…creeper…creeper

“Well?” I questioned

“I’m not staring at you; you’re unknowingly staring at me” He said sounding proud of him-self and I heard that tone in his voice…he wants to argue with me